A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28321 - 28340 of 28348 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
aftermarket sunroof gears ordered from Germany over 2 months ago is now in my state, It may be delivered today or tomorrow :D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
sunroof gears finally arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT INFO: For those that bought this or going to buy this kit, no need to remove the old bushings and press fitting them into the after market gears, they drop dropped right in when I tested each one with very little wiggle one by one. Unfortunately, the teeth are TIGHT for the first and second.

You will need to gently file the outer and inner-side teeth, my first and second gears were tight and binding but after taking my time to file off a few micrometers I got it to freely spin by hand. Another option is using lapping compound or maybe compound polish which is what I wish I had, then attach a drill with a chuck on the outer metal gear that gears up with the sunroof gear on the chassis and run it until it free spins by hand ( you may have to disassemble and reapply a few times because the teeth will squeeze it out). After cleaning up the gears after filing I greased all the teeth and reinstalled the assembly, it feels so good to have a working sunroof again. Gonna rub one out after I shower tonight XD

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
took out the washer fluid resevoir, gonna get a replacement maybe this week. topped off my coolant, found no leaks. installed my old alt and the brake and battery light are off. the belt was misaligned by 1 tooth at the power steering underdrive pully and it shred itself apart, my fault because i didn't visually check to make sure it was aligned right. $24 later (saved 6 bucks ordering online with instant rebate) installed a new Dayco 5060895 belt and then changed my timing back to 0* offset to enjoy that sweet factory after-fire noise again.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Went to my shop for some other stuff but came home with all of the tools and understanding of the process to finally do these vision one gear selecter springs... Left the springs at work...

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Nice where did you get those

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
new window washer reservoir came in, installing tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Thats cool I was looking at that like last month

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Dammit I want that billet oil pump.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Street version shift selector springs, installed. Feels great and just a tidbit tighter.

I also cleared out my nasty ass maf and throttle body. Guess what, high idle and surging from 1250-1750rpm. I knew that was going to happen fumbling aroiund with the throttle plate. Dammit. Tried to relearn through a scanner and thought it was successful when it dropped to about 900rpm. I left my shop and realized that when trying to idle it would hang around 1200 before gradually dropping to 900. cel now but Ill try again tomorrow to relearn. Pleeeaaase precious throttle body, dont be a bitch to teach 🤞

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
up'd the rpm so now she's no longer a massage chair since i have BSR and solid mounts. I should have done it before when i did the BSR and solid mounts. Also RIP original factory Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir, it would still be around if it wasn't shaken off to death and broke off after 3 years (also, my local NJ roads are garbage).

I no longer miss the noise from the heat shield rattling, no longer seeing the windshield wipers and steering wheel jump around nor do i hear the map lights and eye glasses storage rattle XD

Only thing left to do is I gotta deal with the 2JR test/downpipe, if I can buy a double male extension coupler to run 2 donut gaskets from header to downpipe i'll have more clearance/factory-clearance to be able to avoid hearing the chattering of my exhaust hitting the chassis at low rpm (900-1300rpm). Maybe use a pipe or tubing bender to the damn rod that was welded on the exhaust to actually reach the exhaust insulator so it's hanging off of 2 insulators instead of 1 because it's cockeyed (not knocking on 2J, knocking on the guy that bent and welded... ...at 2J). I think there was enough room to have 2 donut gaskets to fit). My 2J exhaust is hitting my chassis and making the most insane smacking/hitting noise at low rpm because the pipe is not bent and long enough to be at factory clearance.

Reactions: Alex07kc

·
Registered
358 Posts
Had a similar exhaust problem with mine.
The guy who installed it made the rod to hang it off the bottom front insulator too long so that each time I went WOT the end of the rod vibrated against the subframe.
Nice and quiet now the rod is shorter by a little bit.

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
Normally I don't do this but this is just a follow up on the fogs as there seemed to be some intrest and that it was a unique undertaking that I did want to show off. There was more work and parts that was needed after the initial completion of the projectors in the housing and well here we are...

I'll get a night shot(s) up later.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Yeah man I looked into a foglight setup. Still considering it amd will probly revisit.

If I remember right I couldnt find 04 fogs on morimoto or ~3,000 K yellow hids. I really dont want to have to open and mod it.

28321 - 28340 of 28348 Posts