A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28361 - 28380 of 28440 Posts

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Yeah thats bad frame damage. But hey awesome parts for $500 ill take that any day.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
damn sucks about the chassis but looks like you'd be able to break way above even selling the factory and aftermarket parts.

with an experienced welder they can restore the chassis at the struts.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Good excuse to tub it

Reactions: mirrortints

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
ordered the new 2J resonated mid pipe with flex and recieved yesterday evening, gonna install that this weekend.
I really wish that 2J would advertise or post a new parts section.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Not worth it to fix, for me. I cant weld and definitely not paying for someone to do it. I have 2 B15s already. So...if someone wants it, $100. It'll have the motor, no trans, and probably some interior parts. No sunroof, so great for a project car, hardly any rust in door jams and fenders since no sunroof runoff.

Will be junking it in a couple months.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,953 Posts
Not worth it to fix, for me. I cant weld and definitely not paying for someone to do it. I have 2 B15s already. So...if someone wants it, $100. It'll have the motor, no trans, and probably some interior parts. No sunroof, so great for a project car, hardly any rust in door jams and fenders since no sunroof runoff.

What's gonna be left of this car when ur done? Motor any good or is it blown?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,005 Posts

ship it me :p

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
What's gonna be left of this car when ur done? Motor any good or is it blown?

Well, I will be sticking a stock suspension on. Motor is supposed to be good. Hasnt run in a few years, as I was told. Clean title. New fuel pump.

·
Super Moderator
5,585 Posts
If the all the engine bay harnesses are in good condition let me know...

·
39,080 Posts
I drove the bytch....

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Stupid misfires! I think Im going to change out the trans ground cable again. Im using a spare (new) cable from a Hyundai that is thinner steel but I think Ill make one from some left over thick copper amp wire and terminals. Ugh such a battle with this issue.

·
Registered
8,953 Posts
Been having a clutch issue. Well on my bday it decided to not let me in gear unless I literally punched it into gear. So Sunday I decided to pull the motor out of the car and take the trans off. The clutch is a 2j stage 3 or if others didnt know it's a competition clutch. Its has less then 10k on it. Contacted 2j by email with no luck so I called them with my finding and they wouldnt do anything. Told me I had to deal with competition clutch. Let's just say this is a bigger headache than it needs to be. But anyways here are some pictures of what I found upon remove the transmission.

Reactions: Dynamite Shikoku

·
6,731 Posts
Damn. Luckily I stuck with my tried and true. I just did my 2nd clutch job on the car after it wouldn't let me into gear for a few weeks. Nothing was broken, just a worn out clutchmasters. I wanted to try Comp Clutch but heard a mixed reviews. Since I never had issues with my CM FX100, I went with it. Now I'm just breaking it in. Doing a clutch job 10 years ago vs last week def tells me that I am that much older lol.

Good luck talking to Comp.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts

Shitballs tho. I have the exact same clutch..

Reactions: Kazspec04

·
Registered
8,953 Posts
Damn. Luckily I stuck with my tried and true. I just did my 2nd clutch job on the car after it wouldn't let me into gear for a few weeks. Nothing was broken, just a worn out clutchmasters. I wanted to try Comp Clutch but heard a mixed reviews. Since I never had issues with my CM FX100, I went with it. Now I'm just breaking it in. Doing a clutch job 10 years ago vs last week def tells me that I am that much older lol.

Good luck talking to Comp.
Whatever comes of this with them. I'm still probly gonna go to an action clutch would like the stage 2 since it's a kevlar disk but probly just gonna get the stage 1 since this motors a built Na

·
Super Moderator
5,585 Posts
I need to look for a back up clutch to mate with the 9 lb fw when my twin disc goes out, will need to rebuild it next time for sure.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I imagine the twin disc living for tens of thousands of miles. I remember that group buy, Ive been considering that upgrade too.

·
Super Moderator
5,585 Posts
It did shear my input splines on my tranny and on the friction disc.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Lol yes I do remember but you said it was because of driver error and not rev matching properly or something. And thats a tranny input shaft failure. :Troll :

28361 - 28380 of 28440 Posts