A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28401 - 28420 of 28440 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got a spindle knuckle hub assembly from a salvage yard one state over to replace the fused one I have. Sadly I dont have abs so I had to cut the wire and leave the sensor in so the axle wasnt exposed in the back

Used some odorless mineral spirits and a rotary tool to resurface the hub and just about every spot I could reach to make installation that much smoother (plus rust is what got me into this mess, why leave any to stress over)

This was a mid point shot, The drivers side now has new lower ball joints, sway bar/stabilizer bar end links, tie rod ends, A fresh CV axle, and a better functioning Knuckle/spindle hub assembly. The passenger side still needs the same ball joints S.B. end links and Tie rods, but that will come soon enough.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Surprisingly, it's one of the few parts I have a back up part for but don't need it right away. It's still in alright shape :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
See, I thought the exact same thing. It seemed like it had a lot of play. I genuinely don't know enough about suspension but my brother claims that the one on there still has a good many miles left. I have no reason to doubt him because usually he is always one step ahead of me on mechanical knowledge but I might still get a second (or third in this case) opinion.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Changed the oil on the Procharger
Painted my tubed crash bar flat black
Installed some burnt Ti header studs and nuts

Nothing too crazy.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I broke my dash bin by accident test fitting a gauge pod. So brittle :(. Pissed me off tho.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I broke my dash bin by accident test fitting a gauge pod. So brittle :(. Pissed me off tho.
Im having a similar issue with some things in my car, the plastic is just dried to the point it cant be saved -_- Im sorry you're having that issue too.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
drove my dad's '10 sentra base 2.0l to work because i am too lazy to uv dye and find leak then seal the gas leak at the tank for my spec-v. fuck i am so lazy...

Also i hate dad's manual cvt trans (seems really finicky), but having the 6 speed again still is nice.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Nissan cvt's are pretty scary. Be careful.

Reactions: mirrortints

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
CVT'S arent scary. Change the tranny fluid in them every 30k, and the filter if you have access to it. They are really good as long as you do those two things (Source, I work at a transmission shop)

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition
2 Posts
I replaced the left inner fender liner and bought more clips to keep it in place.

I also replaced the right fog light.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I just hate how it feels, yeah it's forgiving and smooth in the too high and too low rpm ranges but it's something i am not use to. Feels like i am controlling an automatic transmission and sometimes i forget to shift because i use exhaust noise/vibration to know when to shift XD

CVT'S arent scary. Change the tranny fluid in them every 30k, and the filter if you have access to it. They are really good as long as you do those two things (Source, I work at a transmission shop)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
A buddy worked at Nissan and Subaru and I asked himabout the cvt's. He said Nissans came back all the time, hardly any Subbies came back. Been a while, but I think he said the belt design sucks, but the chain design works on them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
The chain gets heated from the particles in the fluid. It's why there needs to be a flush.

I love the smooth acceleration. It's a great stark contrast to shifting in the spec. Also it's the wifes car, and when I asked her about it, she prefers the linear power, and we have both adjusted to it. Its just so smooth.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
A buddy worked at Nissan and Subaru and I asked himabout the cvt's. He said Nissans came back all the time, hardly any Subbies came back. Been a while, but I think he said the belt design sucks, but the chain design works on them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I can vouch for that. Ive seen many Nissan Versa's in particular with cvt failure. Trans went bad on one of my customers car 3 times after replacements. No real trouble with Subaru's. Had to do a valve body once that costs around $1200 just for the part.

Reactions: mirrortints

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got the passenger tie rod ends, sway bar end links, and ball joints replaced. My car is now officially back on the road. (There is no rest for the wicked though) I will need to address the bearing on the passenger side at some point because all the suspension tightened back up revealed another potential issue. I can get that on rock auto and pressed at NAPA auto parts though so Im not stressing it. Also the car shifts way better using the trans fluid mix that many of you recommended. The response in this car now is like new and better than the whole time I have owned it so my thanks go out to you all here for the help and advice ^_^

28401 - 28420 of 28440 Posts