28421 - 28440 of 28500 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
Hook me up with all the engine bay harnesses

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wish I knew more about the rockford fosgate package in these cars before starting this but what I didnt know then, I half know now..

Took the blown sub out and re-wired the head unit since it feeds to the old amp which is powering the new Rockford Fosgate door and rear deck speakers (the tweeters are alright so I left them alone)

The sub(400W Kicker) will be powered separately by an 800W Kicker with a 1.5F Capacitor to keep things running right

Anyone else feel like our trunk lights arent much to work with? I thought the same so my brother helped me by installing 16 LED lights that are wired up to the original plug that powered the trunk dome light.

So that was my weekend. Pics to come of the new amp when it gets installed. Also I will be removing the rear middle seat belt to make room for the capacitor so this will look almost completely stock. For reasons I cant fathom, the RF package amp powers ALL the speakers. So rather than re wire the entire thing, my factory amp still works fine and powers the new RF speakers pretty well and draws no additional power to do this. So I will be bypassing that amplifier and adding a second one with a capacitor to safely power the new sub.

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
Installed Redline's hood struts, not sure how I feel about it now.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
Stock hood, instructions are simple to follow. I'll take a pic I guess, truth be told one can support the hood but that doesn't take into account the wind.

It's just me being picky, and for my needs outside of the hood being propped up for normal things.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I redid the strut on my toolbox this weekend, one strut was enough, cleared up some room on the otherside of the box, so I hear ya there. Did a new set on my forklift last week while I was changing out the seat., got struts that are too strong now and the seat sticks up a bit til you lock it.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
You can get different length rods or different strength rods depending on your application or where you are installing. They do not reccomend for CF hoods it looks like. I would say they are probably 35LB to 50 LB rating on the set. Depending on the angle, you might even need a 75ish strut or combination of (35 and 35)

I like that the redline kits come with everything you need, and there is a rivet option.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Im liking the sound system setup, I thought about replacing the factory 8" but thought it was too complicated involving the factory amp. I didnt know a smaller sub could be rated for that power. Youre about to push 800W thru a 400W sub?

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
I'm planning on getting a fiber glass hood... I'll figure out what I'm doing later.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm liking the sound system setup, I thought about replacing the factory 8" but thought it was too complicated involving the factory amp. I didn't know a smaller sub could be rated for that power. You're about to push 800W thru a 400W sub?

Nah the amp is going to be turned down. Its RMS is 400 and the Sub maxes out at that. I'm going to probably nerf the amp way down so the speaker isn't constantly pushing its max. It's definitely like Genie from Aladdin: PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER.... (itty bitty living space)

This way if I decide I want to add more subs in later, I already have things set up for more if I want it.

·
Registered
50 Posts

For anyone interested in the same build or part of what I used to get this all done, These are all the items I used minus the spacers for the front doors but you can get a set of 2 pretty cheap through amazon as well. (You probably know this but just in case, you will need them for the front door speakers unless you cut the old speakers out and use their spacers but you only get one shot to do that right so heads up!)

28421 - 28440 of 28500 Posts