A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28501 - 28520 of 28550 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Going nuts trying to figure out P0335 CAM POS error! Code pops up as pending immediately after cranking. The car is an 03 with an 06 ECU and a modified 05 engine harness.
Things I've done so far...
Replaced battery with new
Replaced Starter with new
Have checked grounds, power, and signal of crank and cam sensors with an oscilloscope. Found some sensors I had were noisy and threw them out.
Replaced the sensors (CAM and Crank) that tested good with new sensors direct from Nissan dealership.
Ran a ground from the battery to the head
I can see the signal plate through the hole when the crank pos is removed.

The issue is at start up, so I know it is a signal timing issue...just not sure what would be causing it at this point. I'm open to any suggestions! This thing has been sitting for 6 years and has never been so close

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Have you looked at degrees and where the cam is supposed to be at?

·
Super Moderator
5,722 Posts
Ugh that sucks you have to go thru that. I didnt have an issue on the install. Not low enough?
Assuming this was towards me, I'm not sure on the height but before I adjust the height I was able to get the toe out some more and going to mess with it before I cut and as of right now with everything done it seems to be "straight" but going to take some measurements and if I am still bottomed out and can't get toe out then I'm still going to cut as I want that ability.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Are you lowered at all? Iirc you have to be lowered atleast 1.5" or preferably 2" to run that correctly because its a different geometrical setup and meant for lowered setups.

·
Super Moderator
5,722 Posts
Yes on BC coilovers. I'm not to worried about it as I think it has something to do with the spherical brand as the aurora brains are currently not installed.

·
Super Moderator
5,722 Posts
We are good, no need to trim but I'm going to have to look at it later if the rack ever shifted and take some measurements later and reference the FSM but thats for another time and will get it "professionally" aligned later.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I'm about to delete my ultra quiet vibrant reasonator on my 2.25 stromung. Feel like the exhaust is too quiet with this part. Sounds beautiful when you get on it though. Just want a slightly deeper and aggressive tone.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Nah, but my exhaust is very quiet. My intake is almost as loud.

I had an old megan dual tip that had a meaner and deeper tone. Never sounded ricy but a bit too loud.

The stromung is less deep but way more refined. Sounds unlike any 4cyl NA imo. Was hoping to keep the refined tone but deeper.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
The Stromung is a beautiful souning exhaust. Why cut it out. Its loud when it needs to be.

Stromung actually sent me a resonatorless straight pipe by accident. I will happily sell that to you. It is in great shape. It was too loud for my taste as I wanted the resonator. It is 2.5" tho.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Super Moderator
5,722 Posts
Got the alignment done and they did what I should have done and cut some of the thread off.... should have trusted my gut.

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
I got a motor ready and waiting
Ur motor is no where near ready or done. Maybe in 2022 itll be ready lmfao

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
I think he meant sunroof motor

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
O I know what he meant lol