A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28561 - 28580 of 28580 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,887 Posts
Waiting on 2J ti retainers to show up....will get new cams and springs next month from JWT.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Expecting that midpipe within a few weeks.

Cold weather and salty roads. Its sittin time.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I thought about my Sentra sitting in storage. Thought about autocross coming up this next year. Thought about giving it some TLC. Went on the 2J site. Thought about what the scene is like today. Thought about logging in to here after several years. Logged in. Posted. Thought about my Sentra sitting in storage.

·
Super Moderator
5,887 Posts
Waiting on usps for parts to build a fuel line... waiting on ups for pew pew parts...

Reactions: un33dit

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looked at her in the driveway and wondered if the fuel in the tank is still good. Plugged in the battery and did a few pulls up and down the street to make sure everything was good (help wet all the seals a bit). Just thinking of how far we've come together and how thankful I am that I've been able to hold onto her for all this time. Checked out the old SQR23DE threads as plans have not changed much just busy with other life events. Also took a look at x-trails in salvage yards in Canada for R&D purposes. Taking our relationship one day at a time. Also updated my gallery yesterday.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What were you thinking in regards to X-trails ?
I can help with anything you might need to know.
I'm going to part together a drivetrain to convert the B15 to AWD with the 6 speed transmission. Drag cartel has developed a front transfer case that works as a PTU (power transfer unit) for the K series and I'm exceptionally familiar with the AWD setup on the Ford Taurus, explorer, continental, etc (as I'm a senior master technician for Lincoln motor co.) I dont plan on the setup to be reliable just need to make the configuration cork correctly then will develop more to make the setup reliable. I'd like to acquire a front transfer case, rear subframe, rear differential, and another casing (cant remember the term) [fluid clutch casing between driveshaft and rear differential] to take measurements and continue development. Also having a Final drive ring gear from a 5sp MT from a x-trail would be helpful as well. Custom half-shafts and driveshaft would be a must. Don't really have any questions however lol

EDIT: Viscous coupling is the name of the other part I forgot

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm going to part together a drivetrain to convert the B15 to AWD with the 6 speed transmission.

I dont plan on the setup to be reliable just need to make the configuration cork correctly then will develop more to make the setup reliable. I'd like to acquire a front transfer case, rear subframe, rear differential, and viscous coupling to take measurements and continue development.
One piece of information you might need to consider is the duty cycle capacity of the viscous coupling.
The standard Xtrail ECU control cuts off viscous coupling drive after 40kph (25mph) when in full 4WD LOCK mode and after 80kph (50mph) when in variable 4WD AUTO mode, so it seems it was not designed as a full-time AWD coupling for faster speeds, but mainly for low to mid speed 4WD. If left in 4WD LOCK mode too long it automatically cuts off current to the drive solenoid to avoid overheating of the viscous clutch plates and fluid.
Depending on which year model Xtrail you get the part from, it will be controlled by 12V @ 0-2.8Amps or 0-1.8Amps.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Some good information right there. The viscous coupling will only be required for turning as opposing wheels across the front and rear axle could potentially lock and break an axle. I'll wire the system myself on a standalone controller that takes input from my steering angle and wheel speed. I'll only require a low amount of slip during these maneuvers. If you watched 1320's rocky mountain race week and saw boosted bois odyssey snap an axle while making a parking lot maneuver then you'll understand the need for the viscous coupling. The AWD setup in theory will be similar to the common K-series AWD swaps that we've been seeing parted out from the CRV's.

Just need some moolah to get things running, I've been saving for a house (purchased), multi process welder (purchased), a truck (purchased), trailer (build trailer or purchase..., and finally will make the trip to Canada to acquire what I need.

This has been my teenage dream to develop a unique setup for the B15 and hopefully one day make it to SEMA. It may take years but I'm nowhere near ready to give up.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Hell yeah Mulholland that sounds pretty sweet. I remember someone doing an awd setup using an older Porsche rear end. Not sure what kind of trans or transfer case tho. It was all welded and bolted on, the the idea was ditched for no apparent reason. Id be excited to see it work. I would think alot of the truck stuff is way to heavy and bulky to be ideal, but for an awd B15 monster, id do it.

I just saw Kaz got another B15...

Reactions: Kazspec04

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
Hell yeah Mulholland that sounds pretty sweet. I remember someone doing an awd setup using an older Porsche rear end. Not sure what kind of trans or transfer case tho. It was all welded and bolted on, the the idea was ditched for no apparent reason. Id be excited to see it work. I would think alot of the truck stuff is way to heavy and bulky to be ideal, but for an awd B15 monster, id do it.

I just saw Kaz got another B15...
That I did number 6 lol

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition
28 Posts
1. Rotated the tires
2. Did an oil and transmission oil change.
3. Idler Pulley was squealing so had to replace that
4. Serpentine belt snapped so I replaced that
5. Replaced the inner and outer tie rods
6. Got the front realigned
7. Car was horribly shaking anytime applied the brakes, so I replaced the rotors. Turned out the front 2 rotors were different.

I noticed another loud thudding noise that speeds up and down when the car accelerates. It happens on the passenger side. At first I thought it may’ve been a bubble in the tire but they look fine and it happened before and after the tire rotation.

·
Super Moderator
5,887 Posts
Installed and pressurized PTFE fuel line I built the other day with the fuel rail I bought from whats his name B16 Spec part out and new o-rings for the injectors, got a leak from one injector that some how lost the plastic retaining ring, swap injector location and we are solid.

Manifold will go back on later today.

Will be measuring the rear caliper bracket bolt spacing and messing around with the exhaust today verifying space for a project.

Will see about shooting the wires some more to see why I don't have high speed fans.

Reactions: Mulholland760

·
Super Moderator
5,887 Posts
You can test the high speed fans by using a 150 Ohm resistor connected across the temp sensor plug after you disconnect it.
Currently there are mishi fans installed...but I also want to make sure there are no shorts and seeing if the likes have continuity.

·
Super Moderator
5,887 Posts
Finished diagramming the relay/wire setup for the rad fans....no thanks to my retardedness a couple years ago and a cut fan's motor harnesses so I didn't have original locations in the connector and the fact that I can't find a wire color or diagram for the harness from the relays to the fan motor's....oh and found out one of the relays wasn't working properly....

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'll have to do the something the same to my Xtrail. I can't believe Nissan only gave us 1 dual speed fan with a single speed fan here in AUS instead of two dual speed fans like you guys have, especially given our hotter climate and low speed 4WDing with reduced natural cooling :poop:
So I've pulled a dual speed fan from a wrecked Xtrail in a yard and will be modifying the mounting housing and adding the second relay for it as the FSM wiring diagram shows.

·
Super Moderator
5,887 Posts
Well that is all taken care on the fan side, now I won't be cracking an blocks or blow head gaskets or have to worry about over heating.

Fuel rail runs with no leaks as well and I found an exhaust leak....or one of them...

28561 - 28580 of 28580 Posts