A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28581 - 28599 of 28599 Posts

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Got my shipping confirmation for metal sunroof gears from Viper!! I was trying to find the thread to bump it.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
442 Posts
Was this it ?

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
I thought it was made early Nov or so 2020. The search is f'd but I gave up quickly. Metal gears I think.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
buuumped

·
Registered
6 Posts
Someone left a note on my windshield asking if I wanted to sell my '03 Spec-V. Ha, not interested at all. Original owner for over 18yrs and still under 150k. Been thinking about if I'll want to replace the clutch on my own or take it to a shop. Not slipping yet, but can't be too much of the original left by now.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Still waiting for the 5 lug kit to come.

Me too on the clutch but the time is too short, unless it goes out on me These clutches last a long ass time. Some as far as 200k. Mine is at 140k, tickling this job.

Reactions: Nero Energy

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I screwed up my exhaust despite the better judgement of others telling not to. I deleted my vibrant, ultra quiet reasonator, completely. Upon the first few minutes driving it i instantly regretted it. It's definitely louder and meaner at most rpms, but i get the honda tin can sound I really hate on occasion.

Today I installed the original reasonator from my 2.25 stromung setup. I thought that's all I would need. Well, no, it sounds slightly better but still has that tin can sound.

So lesson was that I shouldn't have tried to go for a louder sound, at the price of the note. Sigh.

To top it off, the exhaust guy broke my cat back hanger. Lol

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Dam yeah I was worried for you on that decision. Even my Stromung with no resonator was too loud.

Sort of a bad pic but it looks like there is some pitting going on in the cermanic material.

Reactions: zeno

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
It gets worse:

Just happened tonight. It's odd since it will flash SES which obviously means misfire, but will run ok for a short while, then do it
again.

Maybe this is the spec paying me back for changing her singing note.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Wouldnt imagine an exhaust causing that. Reset.

Reactions: zeno

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Agreed. It was misfiring sporadically the day before I touched the exhaust. So it couldn't have been.

It got worse couple nights ago, but the strange part is that it goes away for a bit.

Mechanic said it might be a valve, but wouldn't that be a constant misfire?

Should I bite the bullet and replace all my coil packs (15 years old now). They are 170 shipped Hitachi made in japan from Amazon.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
In my exp check engine light is difficult to turn on with a misfire. I had a dead miss for a bit, multiple times and still never any stored code. Proby a single coil. As its missing just pull coil connectors to see which one doesnt effect idle. Check the ground cable from trans to frame.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Be sure to check the ground cable from trans to frame. Its a real problem that kills coils.

Reactions: Tritton and zeno

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Nope just replace it if needed. The copper gets rotted over time. It will be obvious. I used some left over amp 8ga cable with 2 ends crimped on

Reactions: Tritton and zeno
28581 - 28599 of 28599 Posts