A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28681 - 28700 of 28718 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I agree sus spec. I'm tired of throwing parts at it. But I had a mechanic under the car using a lift as I turned the wheel back and forth(it was sketch AF). He still couldn't figure out what it was but said it came from the wheel bearing area. That was mechanic #4.

I have three choices:
1) Oem new is 250 (I don't mind spending money but I'm not 100 percent sure it's the issue, but it's looking as it is after hours of research)
2) oem used 60
3) new aftermarket 50

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Oem might be the best thing. But looks half affordable. I wanna say any 1.8 would also work.

I stole time today and finally got a chance to do the dumbass ps pulley and belt. Man that was a bitch! I feel bad for anyone that does that in a driveway. Got it in tho

Reactions: zeno

·
Super Moderator
6,142 Posts
I did mine when the motor was out...

Reactions: zeno

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dont fall into the stress of repairing vehicles man. Take your time, breath and research. The bearing isnt going to cause many drivability issues so you got time to plab, think, and purchase. If you can, go to a junk yard and get the knuckle, and whatever else you want, buy a bearing set the Cricki said and rent a bearing removal tool from autozone. If it doesnt fix it just take a step back and relax. Chasing sounds can quickly drive a man crazy

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Yeah the newer cars including Nissans try too hard to be both affordable and high tech. They still use the same throttle body logic since 2002?! All cars have issues but the 'Yotas are a better option for sure. How many time have you replaced the torque mount??

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
The bulb will look like it has a bum knee at the filament prongs. Replace.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Well, it's a dud. The part doesn't have the abs sensor I need. I thought they all came with it already drilled, since it's only one part number. Sigh. Luckily I can return it and buy a higher mileage part with abs.

Or should I take my chances with the Amazon part for now?

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

28681 - 28700 of 28718 Posts