A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28721 - 28740 of 28787 Posts

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Found out one of my subs has blown out. It was pretty much siezed and was very difficult to move by hand. I really think the amp was too strong for it. Rockford Fosgate R1 Subs rated at 400W RMS but was getting 600W RMS (following the 50% overpower rule) Of course that sub is discontinued. So, went with the next gen R2 but has a better rating of 500W RMS (1000 max). Its not like I really blast it or anything all the time, but sometimes I just gotta depending on the song. That setup has no eta so Im waiting. Ill have no subs for a bit.

Also found out the brakes are an issue too. That might be a waiting game for weeks as well. Center caps for the wheels on back order too till possibly june lol. Luckily Im a very patient guy and I can afford the wait really but sooner the better.

In good news I rattle canned VHT primer and paint on the new midpipe to help with rust. Came out killer! Gotta let that sit for 7 days to cure before install. Imma do my ebrake cables too at the same time.

Reactions: zeno

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
For 600rms, I really like the 10" or 12" HO subs from Dayton and the knock down box.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Not bad but I was looking for 2ohm, and a dual setup.

The heat wrap significantly reduces engine temps and preserves the metal well imo

Reactions: zeno

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
No, as long you don't exceed specs for the sub you can run a higher output amp, a lower power amp won't run the sub as intended and may over work it off you are trying to push for desired performance.

Reactions: Nero Energy

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
I went with the smaller single square Kicker at 500W/2ohm. I think its actually more practical for the setup and will just fit alot better. Ill cancel the reservation of the rockfords.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Taking this setup back to a single amp and dual battery setup. Will only need 1 processor. Car is turbo now, so no need for too many electronics. Dismantling the old setup. Alpine DVD head unit, 3 caps, 2x 1000w rms amps, 1x 4ch amp, multi disc cd changer and multi disc dvd changer and a whole bunch of wiring. Clean leather rear seats too.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Dam thats progress right there. Those wires look disgusting to deal with.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My grandpa gave me this old amp (340rmsx2 @ 4ohm) a while back and the other day I was at the pick-n-pull and found these RCAs and a speaker to RCA adapter. Thinking I might postpone my 5 channel build and just rock the factory speakers and a mono sub till I get the funds to replace all the speakers and then the 5 channel.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Stupid question but how do you power all the amps? Do you run a seperate power wire from the battery to each?

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
You can run a power wire from the battery, to a fused distribution block. Just make sure the ins and outs match your wire gauge (or slightly larger). I like to use knukonceptz or sky high audio wires and distribution blocks.

Like this

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Ah I may do that in the future with my civic.

Reactions: mirrortints

·
Registered
251 Posts
Stupid question but how do you power all the amps? Do you run a seperate power wire from the battery to each?
I personally will only have 1, b/c I dont want to give up space, so Ima get a 4 guage amp kit thats powered directly from the battery to the amp. If I had multiple amps, I would put a distribution block and use that to power my components

28721 - 28740 of 28787 Posts