A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28741 - 28760 of 28787 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Had to take the spec back to stock today for emissions, including that big stock intake. I can definitely now feel the differences just an intake and headers did. It had muuch more low end torque and that big 3-4 dip wasnt felt as much. It was fun until you got past 4400 rpm, thats when the car kinda just went uuuuuhhhhhhhhh, even when the butterflies opened haha.
Passed smog, time to put it all back on

·
Registered
251 Posts
Had to take the spec back to stock today for emissions, including that big stock intake. I can definitely now feel the differences just an intake and headers did. It had muuch more low end torque and that big 3-4 dip wasnt felt as much. It was fun until you got past 4400 rpm, thats when the car kinda just went uuuuuhhhhhhhhh, even when the butterflies opened haha.
Passed smog, time to put it all back on
Good thing I kept that stock intake or id be SOL

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just because it pissed me off Id like the mention that the little spacer that comes with the 2j intake is absolute shit and didnt sit flush with the bracket. I took off my intake and, on top of it not sitting flush, it broke and took with it a 3/4"x3/4" bit of sheet metal, I now am using these big ass washers and made my own spacer that FINALLY sits flush with the bracket. I plan to cut and weld in a piece of sheet metal in the future when I start welling, so probably like another 2 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just because it pissed me off Id like the mention that the little spacer that comes with the 2j intake is absolute shit and didnt sit flush with the bracket. I took off my intake and, on top of it not sitting flush, it broke and took with it a 3/4"x3/4" bit of sheet metal, I now am using these big ass washers and made my own spacer that FINALLY sits flush with the bracket. I plan to cut and weld in a piece of sheet metal in the future when I start welling, so probably like another 2 years.
Update: I realized that the all metal construction of my spacer was bad because the engine is going to torque and ruin the frame more. So, I took one of the bushing from one of the stock intake parts, part by fender not used even for smog, and replaced it where the metal spacer was. The bushing has a brass insert, so in order to allow flex, I hammered the insert just a touch and replaced it. Feel way more comfortable with this.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
I know the same thing happened to me. A chunk of metal about the size of a silver dollar pulled out. My bracket is about 2 inches away from the mounting point because of I believe the change in manifold dimensions 04 vs 07

I need to find a way to mount the sub.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I know the same thing happened to me. A chunk of metal about the size of a silver dollar pulled out. My bracket is about 2 inches away from the mounting point because of I believe the change in manifold dimensions 04 vs 07

I need to find a way to mount the sub.
Pics of the sub box? Quickest ways are bungee cord, heavy duty velcro, or use small L brackets and screw it into place.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Ill have to get a pic, I didnt drive it today. I was trying to avoid tapping holes in the shell of the trunk but may have to. Sucks I threw away my carboard spare tire cover because a tail light was leaking water for a while and destroyed it. I shoulda kept that as a stencil.

Over all it sounds alot better I think surprisingly better than the 2 RF subs. Think they were too aggressive. I never wanted tons of bass in the first place. Think the wattage overpowered the subs while this one is matched wattage output and has a major impact on sound. Its just a much better fit. I also retuned the amp alittle bit yesterday too.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts

That shit fit like a glove between the spare tire post. But the rough ride knocks it around a bit. Cant go on the side because the trunk cant close. I got an idea tho..

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
@Tritton

I got the B chassis holy bible lol. Snagged one for a decent price. Way cheaper than what Amazon wants. It's in amazing shape. Very happy to add to my collection and expand my knowledge.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Thats an awesome addition!

Reactions: Tritton and zeno

·
Registered
251 Posts
First sub so it definetly is to myself lol. Only a small 6.5 from CT sounds but at 400 rms Im hoping It makes a lil noise haha. Ima try it free air first then decide if I need a box; which I probably will

28741 - 28760 of 28787 Posts