A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28801 - 28820 of 28873 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Under WOT blow-by can also come back through the crankcase breather tube into the manifold
View attachment 173366
Its always nice to see when someone puts in the time to help. Nice job!
Everyone should download the FSM. Its a bit overwhelming at first, but once you have been through it a thousand times you start to understand how to use it to its full potential and really understand how everything works

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been at work so I didn't see the first alert, I totally appreciate the FSM and all the help so far! looks like I'll stop by napa and get a new PCV valve and a catch can for now before I find a better way to alleviate this problem haha. you guys are the best.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay, replacing the pcv valve absolutely helped with the rough idle and even improved my transitions from 1-3 gear. Catch cans arrived but the hoses aren't and I need to make a mount for them. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the help so far!

·
Premium Member
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition
105 Posts
Scraping out this sound deadening shit. It’s a pain in the ass but it’s getting done.

Reactions: Sus Spec

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Welp emissions fucked me today. DEQ found out that tuners can unsupport certain monitors and made the emissions machines look for this.. I got the UPrev tune some years ago and never had a problem getting emissions. I had no idea about the unsupported fact until today but it makes all the sense in the world now with now. It explains why Ive never had a p0420 with the Madusa header and also no misfore codes from when I was chasing a miss last year.The cat and misfire is now unsupported and trying to find a way to correct that besides swapping ecu and putting a stock mani on. Theres a few options... The easiest option is to register it in another county that doesnt require emissions but It may look alittle SusSpec when DEQ looks at these results.

Reactions: zeno and Tritton

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I had this issue a few years ago. Turned off the codes for the canister sensor on the back of the engine, and whap, got a "Tamper" violation.

Fix it and uninstall Uprev.

or shake a mans hands and let him work majic.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
The problem is my inspector cant do anything else if the catalyst emissions monitors are unsupported, obviously the most important one of them all.

I hope its that easy to uninstall. Better believe Ill reinstall that bitch the next day. I dont wanna have to go thru the NATS, tb relearn, and antifouler on the madusa bs with another ecu.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Actually my #1 tune is stock. I thought of that last night but forgot to check today. Put it in factory tune and check monitors. Doubt it'll go but I have not checked that yet.

Reactions: Tritton and zeno

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
My sunroof leak got worse after trying to unblock the drain tubes. I first tried blowing air (probably made it much worse), then vacuumed, finally use some wire. It leaked worse after attempting this. How much of pain will it be to fix this? Take off the entire front headliner?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts

-Removed all the flooring in the front
-Removed blown rear deck speakers
-Removed blown Rockford Fosgate sub
-Scrapped out more sound deadening
-Removed whatever is the thing on the A Pillar
-Removed roof liner

Reactions: Sus Spec

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
My sunroof leak got worse after trying to unblock the drain tubes. I first tried blowing air (probably made it much worse), then vacuumed, finally use some wire. It leaked worse after attempting this. How much of pain will it be to fix this? Take off the entire front headliner?
Take off the whole headliner and start from the top of the tube. Only way to get it clear. I have to do my P11 soon. Passenger side floor gets wet after a bad rain. All this pollen and these cicadas suck!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bought a catch can almost a year ago and never got to reroute the pcv hose so the catch can didnt catch a drop of oil the whole time. Finally bought some barbs and reused a brake booster line to finally properly route my catch can.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bought a catch can almost a year ago and never got to reroute the pcv hose so the catch can didnt catch a drop of oil the whole time. Finally bought some barbs and reused a brake booster line to finally properly route my catch can.
Yo idk if its all placebo or what not but after doing this, I feel a noticeable pull on the butt dyno. I also noticed shes a dog below 4k now but above 5k woooooooah she pulllls. Yesterday, comin back from a McDonald's run, I spotted a wild 08 350z and, at a 20 roll, I pulled ahead leaving him 😅🤣. Idk if it was auto but still kinda embarrassing 😳

·
Premium Member
105 Posts

Gutted

Radio
Cup Holders.
Center Console

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Installed a Cold Air Intake

Reactions: Nero Energy

·
Registered
9,036 Posts
Got the car all aligned for tm. Should be an exciting day for me. Been waiting 2months for tm event. Atco dragway was rented out for the Gunners(iykyk). Hoping to run atleast a high 12sec pass. Anyone wanta take a guess at what kinda times ill run?

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

28801 - 28820 of 28873 Posts