A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28841 - 28860 of 28873 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Went to the track and had a blast with the spec. Bested a New Type R (not surprised tbh, driver looked inexperienced).

BUT the popping noise is back!! :(

FML!!! This is like AIDS.

I figure track abuse probably caused this but it's the same damn side!!!

So I'm left with three options, since something is obviously wearing out or loosening the bearing causing play:

1) the new spindle is bad (Chinese part).

2) the hub (Chinese part as well) is also bad: causing premature wear.

3) the wheel bearing is bad (unlikely, bought a good bearing)

I'm thinking of saying F it, and buying everything OEM. Will be over $600 in parts. If this doesn't work, part out (sarcasm).

View attachment 173465
just curious, is that the nismo lip or an aftermarket??

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
I hate solder so much. Its so dirty and nasty looking with half assed results that are always questionable. I always crimp and heat shrink. No heat involved either. Never had a issue.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Sus Spec about to be sittin for emissions stuff. Still waiting on brake stuff anyways.

Covid is getting over, hurry up with production!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Got the spec towed to my cousin's place. It's in an industrial area with an old lift that doesn't work but has a nice concrete pad and a ton of tools.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Mine sittin.....

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
SIGH.... well I went to put my resonator back on, and to my surprise my car still sounds the same, or maybe worse (RASP).

My Stromung was so quiet before. :( I just wanted a deeper growl not honda sound. I regret this.

I went to another exhaust shop this time and the guy did a bit of hack job. As you can see.

So I think it's either two things:

-The first guy who removed my resonator loosened something and I have a leak. I suspect it's towards the midpipe and header flange.

-Or this exhaust piping job is creating so sort of garbage sound.

Before (I decided to delete the resonator)

After:

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Mounted the tires today

Reactions: zeno

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Dam Zeno sorry for that. Tellin you gotta spend the money right the first time. Btw, you can get a pipe without the resonator from Stromung. I have a spare 2.5"

Reactions: Tritton and zeno

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Dam Zeno sorry for that. Tellin you gotta spend the money right the first time. Btw, you can get a pipe without the resonator from Stromung. I have a spare 2.5"
Agreed. I honestly thought this part should be a simple job, since it's just straight piping, but everything seems to be going wrong with my spec recently.

Are you interested in selling the spare 2.5? My exhaust is 2.25 I believe, not sure if it matters.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
You really think this is causing the rasp, tho? It just seems odd how much my exhaust changed with just a couple feet of straight piping and welds. Everything else is the same.

My exhaust was almost oem quiet. My intake was louder.

28841 - 28860 of 28873 Posts