A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
28881 - 28900 of 28926 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
There was no instruction besides check for leaks and tightness. No tq spec on the bolt. Ok tightly snug. No wire. Thought about loctite but wasnt sure of a temp range. Im just gonna run up to home depot and do it for fun.

Reactions: zeno

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
2002 SpecV w/ 117k miles. Almost stock save for some hideous rear tail lights. One owner vehicle, 64 year old that used it to travel to Laughlin for a yearly trip and occasional grocery errands.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
My 15 year old crankshaft position OEM sensor finally kicked the bucket. I noticed loss of power and rough starts before. The car is running mint again! (Minus a couple of issues).

Here's the part number (same as OEM).

Old sensor:

·
Premium Member
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition
125 Posts
clear coated the last of the stickerbomb today

Reactions: Sus Spec

·
Super Moderator
6,377 Posts
I did a thing after I finally replaced the pass. side axle/drive shaft...and rotated the tires.

Noticeable difference, but hard to tell due to the the street spring upgrade for the assembly, but feels like the engagement is more solid.

Should do this first, then the springs but still worth while.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Terrible time today with a simple oil change. My magnetic drain plug, Outlaw Brand, snapped in half. This was my 5th oil change with it. I don't think I went crazy with the torque either. Maybe 20lbs as usual.

I was sweating bullets as the bottom half was stuck in my drain pan. I tried locking pliers but ended up snapping off the tiny extruding piece left, but was able to turn it very slightly. Luckily my needle nose pliers grabbed the tiny bit of exposed thread and very slowly loosened it.

I highly recommend anyone with these types of plugs ditch them.

Hood prop clip and OEM oil drain plug part number:

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Daaam a broken drain plug is a real bitch. I dont use the hallow ones for that reason. Ive had bmw/vw plugs break

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
My dad helped me a lot today. He helped me put in a new battery and terminal ends.

He helped me reposition my CAI and he clean out my throttle body.

He helped me bolt in my shitty ass NOS tank. (You know cause I’m ricer… gutted interior but fake nos tank makes sense)

lastly he helped me cut awayat the trunk bar so the last hole would line up and we could fit it properly.

And my dad and I.

He’s really cool! He knows a lot about cars and has been teaching me some stuff. He really likes helping me on my car because he doesn’t really work on aftermarket parts. So this is new to the both of us. He has tought me everything and we put this car together together. We put on the brakes, coilovers, battery, trunk bar, CAI. Etc etc. He helped me gut the roof. He’s an awesome dad!

Attachments

Reactions: zeno and Sus Spec

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Kinda getting over a cold and I felt kinda out of it all day. Didnt sleep at all last night so I didnt do the brakes today. I will also redo pads and rotors in the back when I do and flush the hell out of it. Its pretty black.

Centercaps have shipped :)

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Detent springs eh?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I used a textured paint that came out pretty good. I hit it with a couple passes of the flat black, but then some more areas came through of the sanding I need to do. I actually prefer the matte to gloss cause gloss can be pretty blinding in the Arizona sun. I painted another ac cover matte, but the tabs broke on install. It's just to hot here and plastic becomes brittle.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
My OEM new spindle came in. Got it for a little above $200, which was a deal considering MSRP is above $500.

Only thing is I bought it from a online broker who sources OEM parts.

It came from Japan (MADE IN JAPAN), which is interesting in-itself. It has all the markings of my old part. So I'm hopeful it's genuine.

My Amazon china part has been really odd, sometimes it makes the pop noise when turning, other times it's dead quiet.

I'll change it out after this upcoming autocross event, since I don't want to redo my alignment for the millionth time.

What a waste of money this has been...life, I guess. But I will never give up on my spec v.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Da quality
Da brakes tomorrow.
Forreal this time
Da 5 lug sunday

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
got my progress sway bar today and they gave me some Brand stickers. So it’ll go right here with the rest of my “sponsors” I love putting brand logos of aftermarket parts on my car. Like I’m sponsored lol. It just looks cool. 😎
I need a new LEDGlow sticker though. That one is faded as fuck

and got the sway bar today but didn’t put it on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
got my tires balanced and my suspension aligned (tein basics 6/3) and tested it today on a nice windy road to powers orgeon (if you know, you know) also got to beat some confident chick in a v6 tacoma xD. i gave her a head start on the first pull and then nose to nose on the second. also got my techno R spoiler, gotta bondo, prime and paint it now. alllsssooo found a leak from the rear main seal.... f in chat

28881 - 28900 of 28926 Posts