A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
28961 - 28980 of 29006 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Got my Tdmi suspension.

Couple thing. My abs bracket which I need is bent on one side. Also, the long third bolt is missing. I need it for the stock strut bar (see adjacent nismo strut). I'll wait for my full review when I install.

·
Registered
2003 Nissan Spec V Nismo
26 Posts
Had a really good duel against a new Accord 2.0T with mods. It was late at night and a red light (perfect).

I figured I'd lose but after racing that TRD Camry i feel like I had a chance. And boy was a right. I launched really hard, my RE71R tires dug in. I can hear his exhaust/turbos spooling but I hit every gear perfectly. I was at least 2 cars ahead by end of 3rd

My QR held him off until about 85mph like the TRD Camry. Overall I was happy with the result but I don't think the Honda guy was. Lol he rolled up his window at the next red light and turned at the last minute. We could have gone again...

It was so bad that a random guy in versa said this to me later down the road: "man you gapped that fool".."I didn't think you had it in you"....he was watching from behind. I guess no one thinks that of our cars, eh?

Edit: I'm getting a Dyno in the fall.
This is probably the funniest thing I've read on this page in a looooooonnggg time

·
Registered
2003 Nissan Spec V Nismo
26 Posts
My dad helped me a lot today. He helped me put in a new battery and terminal ends. View attachment 173705

He helped me reposition my CAI and he clean out my throttle body. View attachment 173706 View attachment 173707

He helped me bolt in my shitty ass NOS tank. (You know cause I’m ricer… gutted interior but fake nos tank makes sense) View attachment 173708 View attachment 173709

lastly he helped me cut awayat the trunk bar so the last hole would line up and we could fit it properly. View attachment 173710

And my dad and I. View attachment 173711
He’s really cool! He knows a lot about cars and has been teaching me some stuff. He really likes helping me on my car because he doesn’t really work on aftermarket parts. So this is new to the both of us. He has tought me everything and we put this car together together. We put on the brakes, coilovers, battery, trunk bar, CAI. Etc etc. He helped me gut the roof. He’s an awesome dad!
I haven't been here in a few months but it's good to come back and see you getting even further on the car. Last time I was here you only had the front of the car done!! Such progress!
Very heartwarming post!

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Found out I have a surprise radiator leak, it was a custom aluminum one too....

Reactions: Tritton

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Don't know, found one in Santa Ana on CL from a company called J2 Engineering for $180 that I will try and pick up tonight. Going to need new fan strap mounts now.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Made by a company called J2, but I'm going to hold on to my old one until I can find a place to try and repair it.

Reactions: mirrortints

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Indeed, but not enough time t look...plus this may motivate me to find someone to build me one with a thicker core later since I don't have a/c.

Reactions: mirrortints

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
So the t-stats from @FRe seat in the seals and positions just fine, only gripe is the bottom one doesn't have a jiggle valve.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Steven at TDMi. He replaced my bent bracket. Great customer service!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
He also gave me longer studs to fit the strut bar. Any ideas how to do that? They look like they go in similar to wheel studs? So hammer them out?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Found this shift knob new sitting in a warehouse somewhere per seller.

I love rare B15 parts.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Dude you could sell that at Barett Jackson for millions in 20 years

Reactions: zeno

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I redid mine in carbon fiber. Gave it to a buddy. The goose neck just isn't my thing. Badass that you keep finding all this new old stock!

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Looking at this place for a knob right now.

There's another place I'm looking at but don't remember it right now.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Was in the middle of my rear arm swap...had to bring it down to get the replacement rad...

28961 - 28980 of 29006 Posts