A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
29041 - 29060 of 29158 Posts

·
Administrator
6,687 Posts
Welp...finished installing some aerocatch hood pin kit today, think I bought them off of someone maybe 10 years ago.....with expectations of a CF hood, said F-it and practiced on the oem hood. Need to remove the rest of the oem hood latch stuff. Put in the wrong spot, to far out, but will bring it in more center on the next hood.

Need to see who is still doing air diverter panels so I can get one with no hole in the center.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Castro does them in copper, aluminum and titanium. Scconceptsusa.com
Ya just watch what u buy shit tends to crack

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
9,075 Posts

·
Administrator
6,687 Posts
Just need an air diversion panel with no holes since I no longer will use the oem hood latch mechanism.

·
One of One???
1,439 Posts
Ti is brittle. You need to use beauty washers to spread the load and don't over torque. Just like the 2j aluminum alternator bracket. I've also seen a GReddy carbon fiber diversion panel fade full to yellow, crack, and needs recleared. So it's all in how well you take care of your shit. I'm terrible at it, but learning how to fix and bring back to life.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
You do it for the thrill of death!

Dam thankfully never had an aluminum alt bracket break. I switched to the comfy steel one before then. I also have the scc shield but currently not in use. The crack is interesting...

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Whaaaaaaat

Reactions: Tritton

·
Administrator
6,687 Posts
Well, everything done...for now...actual hardware replaced the plastic clips for the rear bumper top & bottom, had to take apart the shifter assembly to get to the grub screws to tighten them as the stick was wiggling but the new shift knob works for now on it. Everything related to the oem hood latching system is removed to include the interior cable pull and the hook/shield on the hood.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Cloud Atmosphere Sky Asphalt Cumulus
Gear shift Car Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well, everything done...for now...actual hardware replaced the plastic clips for the rear bumper top & bottom, had to take apart the shifter assembly to get to the grub screws to tighten them as the stick was wiggling but the new shift knob works for now on it. Everything related to the oem hood latching system is removed to include the interior cable pull and the hook/shield on the hood.
View attachment 174097 View attachment 174098 View attachment 174099
Looks nice, did you get rid of the reverse lock out? I was interested in that brand and wanted to add an extender

29041 - 29060 of 29158 Posts