A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
29181 - 29200 of 29238 Posts

·
Registered
04 spec v
54 Posts
For the most part that will cover everything I can think of. There are some trucks (ford's for sure) I believe the harmonic balancer is just over 200 lb pounds. I don't remember exactly I'll guess 210, but even for that you want to use a big as$ torq wrench.

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
Nope, not that I can remember.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
Since I got a new exhaust leak not to long after I "settled" is going to install these mofos at the same time, hopefully sometime this week, try and get retuned by UpRev too.
Automotive tire Fluid Drinkware Kitchen appliance Automotive wheel system

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
No pics but got them welded in and did the size they made a difference just at idle. Didn't think to get internal images either but they are directional with the designated inlet being slightly larger than the outlet with the transition being less than in inch into the body. Will see what they sound like at higher rpms later but so far so good... but I miss the cammed v8 straight pipe idle now...

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
Wish I still had the other audio clip I did when it was first done but I had a hard time uploading last time, will try again with version 1.2 later with pics of location.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Didnt see video!

lmk how long that holds up. Ive been looking into cats. Metallic or ceramic? I think the one at the end of the midpipe it too far away to be efficient. Stinks alittle at idle, but only alittle. I was hoping to maybe mock up one alittle closer but I would always prefer to run a cat either way.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
So my 15 year old Snap-on Torque wrenches were stolen last year. I've been meaning tonpick some up, but waiting for the technology to take a jump. Milwaukee has been coming out with some nice tools, though I like the new Snap on digital series (mine were click type). I got some Amazon gift cards for xmas and decided to get some cheap torque wrenches in lbs and feet.

Do I need to go past 150 ft lbs at all doing engine builds? I don't remember ever going there. I saw some thay I was gunna use for the crank, and my wheel studs, but then I stopped to ask, do I ever need to go over 150 ft lbs?

Thoughts?
As far as the Nissan stuff goes, you'll be good. Damper is 36lb/ft plus 60deg so I like to use a breaker bar for the 60deg anyway. Only other thing is wheel bearings but most just ugga dugga those.
Other engines may specify higher torque for the damper rather than torque to yield

·
One of One???
1,514 Posts
Gracias, I went with Tekton 1/2 in drive 10 - 150 lb ft.

I'm going with the 1/4 in drive for in lbs next.

The Tekton felt good even though it has a tighten lock on the bottom. I can see that getting hairy, you just need to be cognizant of it.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Got all the accessories fitted on the 2nd Gen VQ. Too BDSF to buy a $200 swap kit so I made my own brackets lol.
Unfortunately broke one of the rusty ass headers from the old VQ.
Fortunately the material will be here tomorrow to begin fabbing up a new, better set of headers for it. Hoping to drop in the chassis this weekend.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Gracias, I went with Tekton 1/2 in drive 10 - 150 lb ft.

I'm going with the 1/4 in drive for in lbs next.

The Tekton felt good even though it has a tighten lock on the bottom. I can see that getting hairy, you just need to be cognizant of it.
Oh no. Dang bro dont go cheap on that. I meant to reply earlier to that. I got a pretty nice gearwrench 1/2" tq wrench thats a good price and half trustworthy imo. Cant remember what it goes to but I think its 25-250 lb/ft

Im also looking at snapon 1/4 tq wrenches but god so expensive. Youll need that for low tq bolts like cam caps. Id rather go 60in/lb than 5ft/lbs. Looks like only the high end tq wrenches do angles

·
One of One???
1,514 Posts
Tekton has really good reviews. I did comparisons with some guys in the shop thay have high end to wrenches, and so far it's spot on.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Accessories all bolted up. Brand new alternator and starter going in. Stay tuned to see how the header fab comes together! ECU is sent out for a reflash - hoping I'll be able to have a running car in the next week or two! Been YEARS since I've had a fun street car.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Engineering Machine

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
Oh no. Dang bro dont go cheap on that. I meant to reply earlier to that. I got a pretty nice gearwrench 1/2" tq wrench thats a good price and half trustworthy imo. Cant remember what it goes to but I think its 25-250 lb/ft

Im also looking at snapon 1/4 tq wrenches but god so expensive. Youll need that for low tq bolts like cam caps. Id rather go 60in/lb than 5ft/lbs. Looks like only the high end tq wrenches do angles
Tekton has really good reviews. I did comparisons with some guys in the shop thay have high end to wrenches, and so far it's spot on.
A torque wrench is a torque wrench up to the point of how accurate and the uses you get out of it i.e. how many times its used, with some of this coming down to it also being calibrated...if it ever gets calibrated.

I have dealt with auto parts store, Harbor Frieght and high end torque wrenches (Snap-On, Mac, Matco) and have seen some of them fail initial cal (independent cal lab though I think some of them don't know what they are doing). I have been meaning to get my three tq wrenches cal'd but haven't due to not making that much of an effort to find a place to do it and/or cost, with that said I have had mine for over 12 years and they work fine for when in use though they are not being used everyday and times when they are not in use for months to years....not saying what brand to get but how often you use it, there are better brands out there that will beat snap-on in the cost-performance factor.

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
Accessories all bolted up. Brand new alternator and starter going in. Stay tuned to see how the header fab comes together! ECU is sent out for a reflash - hoping I'll be able to have a running car in the next week or two! Been YEARS since I've had a fun street car.
View attachment 174646
PS and alternator, all you really need, really does make me want to do a swap or at least have one on stand by.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
not saying what brand to get but how often you use it, there are better brands out there that will beat snap-on in the cost-performance factor.
I can agree. Not saying it has to be snap on to be perfectly right, I just have had so many bad experiences with all of Tektons other tools. Not any better than harbor freight or craftsman which have documented loads of failures and inaccuracies imo. Think its a bit more critical when dealing with rod caps and cam cap etc to be correct.

Ill probly just go with the 1/4 gearwrench for more than half the price of a snap on TW which is $400+. Ridiculous cost for a name stamp indeed. Its just the angle tq I need too.

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
I need to find a tq wrench that starts at either 0 Nm or 0 kgm (in lb equivalent that starts @ 0), I don't remember which one...and as of now I'll only have one use for it.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
View attachment 174646
What car is this going in?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
What car is this going in?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
I have a 2003 Spec that will be getting it
Should be a pretty fun car

29181 - 29200 of 29238 Posts