A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
29201 - 29220 of 29238 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
I wish I could do a VQ swap in my Xtrail, but over here in AUS you need engineering certificates and have it fully inspected by the roads authority to be able to register and drive it. You guys seem to have it so much easier there being able to just put different things into your cars and still have them "road legal".

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I wish I could do a VQ swap in my Xtrail, but over here in AUS you need engineering certificates and have it fully inspected by the roads authority to be able to register and drive it. You guys seem to have it so much easier there being able to just put different things into your cars and still have them "road legal".
I mean, we pay for the roads we should get to use the roads lol... But that logic should apply to all countries

Reactions: Tritton

·
One of One???
1,514 Posts
You just want the Barra. We built one for the shop with a big ass Turbo. Gon bolt it up to a Powerglide and rip it down the track. Also get a RB30 in the same crate as the Barra from Australia thats just sitting around waiting for a project car.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Unfortunately Holden stopped production here in AUS and from now on it will be all Camaros, Corvettes and Silverados.
Sure there will be second-hand SS Utes but they will be going for increased prices with the "rarity".

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
Y'all got some displacement/ power limit too or something of that nature as well right, can't remember how or what the verbiage is?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Y'all got some displacement/ power limit too or something of that nature as well right, can't remember how or what the verbiage is?
Normally only allowed to increase the HP by less than 20% over its original and not allowed to fit an engine not fitted by the manufacturer for that particular model.
So as the VQ35DE was not offered in an Xtrail then that would need certification as would the supercharger if I was to increase power over 158kW (212hp as original was 132kw / 177hp) but the inspection stations won't be putting it on a dyno to check ;)

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
Normally only allowed to increase the HP by less than 20% over its original and not allowed to fit an engine not fitted by the manufacturer for that particular model.
So as the VQ35DE was not offered in an Xtrail then that would need certification as would the supercharger if I was to increase power over 158kW (212hp as original was 132kw / 177hp) but the inspection stations won't be putting it on a dyno to check ;)
Knew it was something silly but I didn't know about the percentage... oh no, need to turn down the boost for this inspection, the pain.

The good and the bad, better than California.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I always loved the Holden's. I remember watching them race in the Aus Grand Prix in mid 2000s

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
OK, back brief prior to me leaving Cali, new "proper fitting" tires put on prior to the road trip that fit nice statically but not so much on the bumps in the rear.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Then had the tragedy of a rear caliper bolt vacating the area causing the caliper to meet the rim....should have caught it sooner.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

• Angry
Reactions: Sus Spec

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Dam you forgot to tighten a bolt?! Ahhhhhh!!

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
Noooo! That sucks

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Tell me about, glad it didn't happen during the trip is my only silver lining

Dam you forgot to tighten a bolt?! Ahhhhhh!!
False, I replace bolts for both sides and tightened them, even check the other side and they was fine.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
OK, back brief prior to me leaving Cali, new "proper fitting" tires put on prior to the road trip that fit nice statically but not so much on the bumps in the rear.

Then had the tragedy of a rear caliper bolt vacating the area causing the caliper to meet the rim....should have caught it sooner.

Damnnnn that sucks!!! Had that happen to me at the track. Bought some remanufactured GXE calipers to clear my 13" wheels and a buddy helped me button up the car.
Come to find out, the reman'd caliper had previously stripped threads and the bolt fell out on the launch (found the bolt later and still looked perfect)
Unfortunately, I didn't know this until I got on the brakes at 150mph and the wheel locked up. Feathered the pedal but it would skid anytime I touched the brakes. Yanked the chute in a panic. Then it eventually broke completely thru the wheel barrel and locked up completely at 60mph.... slid to a stop and kept it off the wall at least.
NOT A FUN RIDE!!!

This all happened after a semi-final win and I missed out on the Finals where the other guy was already on a blown engine but he just had to break the beam for the win.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
^Ugh! Makes you feel alive.

How did that happen cricki?

·
Administrator
6,791 Posts
^Ugh! Makes you feel alive.

How did that happen cricki?
Speculation but the rotor(s) are warped, driver side more, and I adjusted the cable to be a little tighter and I believe the warp rotor cause enough vibration and with the heat and with expansion and what not caused them to loosen...but really I have no idea. I did loosen the cable some but don't remember when as I was so focused on the move and family.

29201 - 29220 of 29238 Posts