29401 - 29415 of 29415 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Thinkin maybe the 4-2-1 was a flop.

·
Administrator
6,988 Posts
Anyone know what the dimensions of the ACB bolt is going to look for a replacement.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Id guess M10x1.5

·
Registered
66 Posts
I finally finished the engine swap, got the car running, and dropped it off at Firestone for a wheel alignment and brake inspection since the the brakes felt spongy on the way there and probably need bled out again.
List of mods I’ve been mixing up since I started working on it this year:
JWT Balance shaft delete kit
Brian Crower valve springs and titanium retainers
Altima Intake Plenum with 2JR adapter kit and gold reflective wrapped cold air intake
Routed PCV and Vent from valve cover to oil catch can
2JR Stage 1 clutch kit and lightweight flywheel
Lightweight crank and PS pulley
Polyurethane motor mount inserts
2JR crossmember bushings
2JR shifter bushings
2JR short shifter
Vision One Racing shift selector springs and HD detent kit
Stainless steel clutch line
KYB shocks w/ 2JR lowering springs
Polyurethane rear axel bushings
Polyurethane steering rack bushing
2JR 10mm traction spacers
Drilled/slotted front rotors w/ Powerstop Z23 pads
Blank rear rotors w/ ceramic pads
2JR Stainless steel brake lines
Funk motorsports wrap over eBay exhaust header
2JR 2.5” mid pipe and side exit exhaust
SC Concepts alternator heat shield w/ gold reflective tape
Front bumper quick disconnect kit
Lots of rubber hoses replaced with silicone
Added ground jumpers I believe are 2/0 or 4/0 copper
Replaced brake calipers, outer tie rods, engine and transmission mounts, control arms, sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, drive axels, and wheel bearings.
Vehicle Hood Light Car Automotive battery
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

The plan is to drive it on the street long enough to break in the clutch and brakes and make sure everything runs fine. Then I’d like to take it out to autocross events and see what it’s capable of. I’m super excited.

·
Registered
Recovering BDSO
20 Posts

Im curious how this spring and damper combo rides. Ive been running koni yellows with Eibach Sportlines for years and while the ride is nice and tight I donk know if want to go with the same when its time to refresh. Specs for comparison on the springs are 200F/333R with a 1.6" drop all around.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Im curious how this spring and damper combo rides. Ive been running koni yellows with Eibach Sportlines for years and while the ride is nice and tight I donk know if want to go with the same when its time to refresh. Specs for comparison on the springs are 200F/333R with a 1.6" drop all around.
Koni /eibach is a top tier suspension setup. Def recommend keeping the Koni's. Play with the springs if you want a stiffer ride

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
So you’ll probably get a more educated answer out of someone else, but I’ll give my best answer. I’ve only had the car for a little over a year, and I haven’t even put 5,000 miles on it yet but I can already tell that the combo I got is a huge improvement over what was most likely the original struts and springs. The old setup used to bottom out over potholes since the 17” wheel setup didn’t really have any tire profile to help the struts out. I was considering going to a small wheel/ larger tire setup to try and remedy this, but the new setup is already a huge improvement on its own. It’s still a stiff ride compared to my other vehicles (stock suspension BRZ, Mk3 Supra w/ Tein Flex Z’s, work truck), but I think that may also be largely due to the stiffer polyurethane bushings and delrin crossmember bushings. I’m still thinking about going to a 15” wheel just to add lightness to the drivetrain, and maybe some Toyo Proxy R888R’s to make it more prepared for autocross/track. I’m not sure if that tire would really add comfort with more tire profile since competition tires are supposed to have stiffer sidewalls, but I would consider it a bonus if it did.

Since I’m still trying to get the clutch and brakes broke in, I haven’t gotten a chance to “spiritually” drive the car yet, so I can’t give much input on performance yet.

The biggest reason I went with KYB’s over Koni’s or any other brand was mostly due to budget; I wanted to get the most affordable strut and spring package that would be easy to install without going to stupid eBay coilovers. 2JR installing the lowering springs onto the struts was really just icing on the cake to me because I had so many other installs to get done that I really didn’t want to deal with that assembly.

edit:
I guess the only thing I wish was different is the front strut mounting studs. It uses two studs with nuts, and they give you a short and long bolt for the third mounting hole to accommodate your strut bar if you have it. Since I swapped to the Altima plenum, I had to raise my strut bar with washers on the the studs, and I had to use the third mounting bolt with washers underneath the strut bar to give it enough clearance. The nuts only just barely have the stud sticking through them, but the bar is mounted solidly. If the struts had three longer studs, or if my bar would clear the plenum then this wouldn’t be an issue. Once I start taking the car to autocross, I’ll try driving it with and without the bar to see if I prefer it to be there.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I think 15's for street driving or swurvy turning isnt what you are looking for. You usually go 15 on drag radials only. The tire will be too tall and feel sloppy at the wheel with a slower response. The best rim size is 17" for all street driving for many reasons imo. Try a 225/45/17. Youll have much better competative options going 5 lug too.

There is also just nothing like a coilover. And yeah I ditched the sway bar for the plenum, it actually feels better without it.

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition
190 Posts
I finally finished the engine swap, got the car running, and dropped it off at Firestone for a wheel alignment and brake inspection since the the brakes felt spongy on the way there and probably need bled out again.
JWT Balance shaft delete kit
Brian Crower valve springs and titanium retainers
Altima Intake Plenum with 2JR adapter kit and gold reflective wrapped cold air intake
Routed PCV and Vent from valve cover to oil catch can
2JR Stage 1 clutch kit and lightweight flywheel
Lightweight crank and PS pulley
Polyurethane motor mount inserts
2JR crossmember bushings
2JR shifter bushings
2JR short shifter
Vision One Racing shift selector springs and HD detent kit
Stainless steel clutch line
Polyurethane rear axel bushings
Polyurethane steering rack bushing
2JR 10mm traction spacers
Drilled/slotted front rotors w/ Powerstop Z23 pads
Blank rear rotors w/ ceramic pads
2JR Stainless steel brake lines
Funk motorsports wrap over eBay exhaust header
2JR 2.5” mid pipe and side exit exhaust
SC Concepts alternator heat shield w/ gold reflective tape
Front bumper quick disconnect kit
Lots of rubber hoses replaced with silicone
Added ground jumpers I believe are 2/0 or 4/0 copper
Replaced brake calipers, outer tie rods, engine and transmission mounts, control arms, sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, drive axels, and wheel bearings.
View attachment 175193 View attachment 175198
View attachment 175195
View attachment 175196
View attachment 175194 View attachment 175197

The plan is to drive it on the street long enough to break in the clutch and brakes and make sure everything runs fine. Then I’d like to take it out to autocross events and see what it’s capable of. I’m super excited.
Im curious on how well those brakes will hold up at an autocross event. Ive seen those powerstop brake kits online for around 200 bucks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im curious on how well those brakes will hold up at an autocross event. Ive seen those powerstop brake kits online for around 200 bucks.
I’m looking to spectate an event this year just to see what’s going on and then participate next year if I get the free time. At the moment I’m working on installing new seats and harnesses and fixing whatever new kinks pop up when I’m not traveling for work.
Mostly went with the Powerstop kit due to budget, I’m not ready to fork out the money for a nice big brake upgrade until I see a real need for it, so we’ll find out together eventually lol. I have no complaints so far just driving on the street other than the town I live in is just a little too busy to get the space I need to do a proper brake pad break in according to the instructions.
Product Sleeve Audio equipment Font Red

I wasn’t able to complete the first step until I drove a couple dozen miles and found a backroad, but I never got around to completing steps 2 or 3. I’m not that worried about it coming back to bite me.

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition
190 Posts
I’m looking to spectate an event this year just to see what’s going on and then participate next year if I get the free time. At the moment I’m working on installing new seats and harnesses and fixing whatever new kinks pop up when I’m not traveling for work.
Mostly went with the Powerstop kit due to budget, I’m not ready to fork out the money for a nice big brake upgrade until I see a real need for it, so we’ll find out together eventually lol. I have no complaints so far just driving on the street other than the town I live in is just a little too busy to get the space I need to do a proper brake pad break in according to the instructions.
View attachment 175229
I wasn’t able to complete the first step until I drove a couple dozen miles and found a backroad, but I never got around to completing steps 2 or 3. I’m not that worried about it coming back to bite me.
Ive had them on my car for about 2 years and I have no complaints. Except when I was putting them on one caliper had thread blank thread on the one bolt hole. My dad rethreaded it his work. Which was kinda weird I suppose. They do make noise. They click when im coming to a stop and sometimes squeak. But when im moving they are silent. They've been alot squeakier recently... Might need a brake change. I think they've been nice for daily driver but I dont know how they would hold up in a track sorta scenario..

29401 - 29415 of 29415 Posts