A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
29461 - 29480 of 29493 Posts

·
Administrator
7,198 Posts
Well I ordered some hardware and will let y'all know, measured the depth with calipers and got a measument of 65 mm but the bolt has a 8 mm guide tip, ordered a 55 and 50 mm bolt due to shank length being an unknown....

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
I have a good assortment of bolts so I should be able to find something that fits that #5 bolt hole.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I’m a newb here, got an 04 yellow spec. Picked it up for less than a grand after some haggling. In the last month I’ve replaced the whole front suspension. Control arms, front and rear hubs, rack, tie rods, today I replaced the struts with some Megan EZII coil overs. Eyeball aligned it 🤣 finished buttoning up the interior after she’d been fully gutted down to the shell, finished the sound barrier in the back, put the front bumper cover and hood on to finish the front end conversion. Shipped back some trash headlights I had ordered and dropped her off at the body shop to get a little nip tuck! She’d been left out in the elements of a semi yard for about 2.5 years before I went in and finally offered to buy it! Slowly but surely she’s coming back around.

·
Administrator
7,198 Posts
Couple of things done...despite the start of my day.

New ACB came in and decided to show an old with the new.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper

@L8YBUG Bolts cam in as well and its going to be M12x1.75x50mm( Hex Flange Bolt 10.9 Coarse M12X1.75 / 16mm Wrench DIN 6921 ) to replace the missing one from the crossbeam kit.

Last but not least....

"I sent her a bit to hard boys"
Automotive tire Rim Gas Cookware and bakeware Automotive wheel system

They are both 720.... or the one on the left used to be, it's roughly a 545 now; will have to take my time making a 690...

• Wow
Reactions: Sus Spec

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Kinda awesome. Time to cryo treat buckets.

You should be able to buy them for cheap at the dealer

·
Administrator
7,198 Posts
Not putting much into this head and I have plenty of spare buckets, this is to get it running properly in preparation for the dyno. The head is done any way and will be trash if i have to pull it off.

·
Administrator
7,198 Posts
Kinda awesome. Time to cryo treat buckets.

You should be able to buy them for cheap at the dealer
Def wouldn't cryo buckets, seems to be a waste since there is so much that can effect lash... that's how i see it.

So... from nissan's parts site, we have 4 bucket sizes IIRC, that have not been discontinued yet and are $42 apiece...I'm ordering non-Spec V second gen buckets and will let y'all know once I get them, though it's only 4 and I hope it's cheaper than that.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
dam yo so much facepalm

·
Registered
217 Posts
Salutes always to all and your endeavors great work and great show family, and Delfina reply you konkey00 you really put in some good work!

I installed titanium bolts for dress up no pictures yet, did trim and install my red vent accent kit oh I am dazzle dazzled up on this.

I will get the SC Concepts maybe in a couple of weeks salutes to you all.
Tire Automotive tire Gas Synthetic rubber Auto part

Vehicle Car Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive side marker light Hood

Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Automotive design Material property Rim Space

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Gear shift Radio

Packing materials Shipping box Package delivery Wood Carton

·
Administrator
7,198 Posts
Installed the second gen non- spec v buckets and they work just fine, sadly wasn't paying attention and only needed two.... can't return them cause special order.... don't really like this dealership and will try a different one later.

·
Administrator
7,198 Posts
@Sus Spec & @Original_RacerX the V1R cross-member is yes, very different. Now I haven't actually hit the road with it but from the garage to the parking spot it was a noticeable difference. I have done inserts, prothane and delrin and this is what we needed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@Sus Spec & @Original_RacerX the V1R cross-member is yes, very different. Now I haven't actually hit the road with it but from the garage to the parking spot it was a noticeable difference. I have done inserts, prothane and delrin and this is what we needed.

Thanks, that's good to hear. I'll be grabbing one in the next week or two for sure! I wonder How that would work with my 4 point lower tie bar I need to install as well.

·
Administrator
7,198 Posts
There is an image that shows the clearance with my 4 point.

Can feel the motor transfer its rotation to the whole chassis trying to move it forward at a stop.

Going to send out a feeler for my delrin mounts now.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
I just got mine today. Def wanted to install the clutch and get this in on one go before winter. Need a pass side axle tho and Ill probly do axle seals too

29461 - 29480 of 29493 Posts