29481 - 29493 of 29493 Posts

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Aint that about a bitch

·
Administrator
7,198 Posts
Why yes, I do need 440s, thanks for asking.
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

Injector duty cycle at 90%, if only a certain shop didn't replace my STI 440s with vq37's....because reasons; also suggested maybe a 340 lph vs the 255 but it drives so much better than before and that is what I really needed overall though the actual 8500 redline is a nice plus.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Got into an Express Pull-N-Save an hour before they closed. Was able to snag a Rouge plenum and an 00-03 hood, front bumper bracket and headlight connectors.

The Rouge was all torn apart so the intake manifold was actually fairly easy to pull off. When I took the Altima plenum I had to start from scratch and hop on top of the engine bay to reach the bolts/nuts, so this trip was relieving.
I also stumbled upon a Sentra GXE with a 2.5. Thought that was cool, be funny if someone turned one of them into a turbo sleeper.
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Light Automotive tire Hood Black Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

The hood came from it. I’m going to do a front end swap at some point and I just wanted the bare essentials.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Damn, I need all the engine bay harnesses from that car...
If you’re interested, I may have free time this weekend to go back and look at it if I’m able to get my car back together. I wasn’t paying much attention to the harness to see what shape it’s in since that wasn’t what I was there for, but I snipped the headlight connectors so you’d at least have to deal with that.. The car is a 2003 btw

At first glance, I think I’ll be fine with the Rouge manifold. The runners looks similar to the Altima manifold, so if the plenum is positioned similarly then it should clear the strut bar better than the Altima plenum. The Altima plenum has the one vacuum port on top near the throttle body that touches the strut bar without shim washers. The Rouge ports are a little differently positioned so that’s good to me. If it does end up interfering with the hood, then I won’t be against making a “hood scoop. 😂” Maybe that’ll help cool intake and engine bay temperatures.
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive air manifold

Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design

Once I have both off this weekend, I’ll do some better side by side comparisons.

·
Administrator
7,198 Posts
Bar has to come off and it will hit the hood, I never tested the one I got and I was able to get a Spec V manifold to so I ditched the rouge and altima...but can't get rid of the altima still

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Man thats a nice powerband. I didnt even notice 8500 til you said it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Car Grille Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Work in progress. I didn’t feel comfortable with letting my car sit with a tarp over the engine bay while I’m away from home, so I got the 02-03 hood on there. I took the grill off after taking these pictures because the 04-06 grill makes it difficult to close the 02-03 hood. I have everything I need to finish the front end conversion sitting around, I just need more free time..

Attachments

29481 - 29493 of 29493 Posts