A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
29541 - 29560 of 29593 Posts

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
Outside of tuning and suspension, we pretty much have the hardware for the motor, in a sense, in my opinion. We just have a fully counter weight crank which would made a huge difference with RTR.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
Recovering BDSO
56 Posts
Replaced the resonator section of the exhaust, finally. Now I dont sound like a M4 Sherman tank.

Tires are mounted but the clowns at the shop mounted two of them backward! Got it back to them and they fixed the mistake before I put more than 20 miles on the new rubber. But during the exhaust repair I discovered deep scratches on the inside of the wheels! Im getting sick of doing everything right on my part only to pay other people money to fuck my shit up.

Sure they knocked off 100 bucks for the initial mount/balance/alignment because it took forever and a day but in retrospect I wonder if they knew and did that to placate me. I had a thorough look over the wheel face before I left but I didnt think the inside could get screwed the way they managed here. The wheels are 18 months old...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I’ve not seen the side exit? Anyone got it so I can see what it looks like? Suppose I could just google it too though
I’ve not seen the side exit? Anyone got it so I can see what it looks like? Suppose I could just google it too though
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

where to purchase
3" V3 High Power Side Exit - More HP! (2j-racing.com)
B15 QR Stainless Resonated Midpipe 2.5" / 3.00" (2j-racing.com)
Limited Ed - B15 2.5" V3 Side Exit (2j-racing.com)

videos of some side exits most are v1 styles besides the one I marked v2 =]
(261) 2J racing- medusa, 3 inch side exit - YouTube

(261) 2J-Racing Medusa Header - YouTube

(261) 2006 Nissan Sentra SE R Spec V 3” Side Exit - YouTube

(261) 2J-Racing V2 Hushpower Side Exit Exhaust - Sound Clip - YouTube <-- 2.5" v2 2.5 magnaflow catted mid

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
Yes, because of inefficient mitigation of exhaust velocity, too much expansion area and heat dissipation for the larger diameter piping.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yes, because of inefficient mitigation of exhaust velocity, too much expansion area and heat dissipation for the larger diameter piping.
So, some back pressure is actually beneficial but too much will hurt performance. Hense why a 2.5 with high-flow cat or 3inch resonated performs better than the stock restrictive exhaust system. My point being some people think putting a 4 inch exhaust on a 4cyl engine is going to benefit them because it has a greater flow then 2.5 or 3inch. If we are referring to forced inductive applications then obv the more flow the better turbo efficiency, reason my exhaust is a 3 inch 8 inch long 90 elbow out the hood right off the turbine housing.

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
No... back pressure is bad, I didn't reference anything with that terminology but yes, too big is not good for N/A as it will effect scavenging.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ima go a step further and say get a side exit.

29541 - 29560 of 29593 Posts