A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
29561 - 29580 of 29593 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
So, some back pressure is actually beneficial
There is no such thing as beneficial back pressure.

My point being some people think putting a 4 inch exhaust on a 4cyl engine is going to benefit them because it has a greater flow then 2.5 or 3inch. If we are referring to forced inductive applications then obv the more flow the better turbo efficiency, reason my exhaust is a 3 inch 8 inch long 90 elbow out the hood right off the turbine housing.
You have an elementary school understanding of all the concepts you reference lol.

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
Did a alignment, turning better but the steering wheel isn't centered so I'll have to make some adjustment... maybe today?

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
Never said I completed it either...

On a serious note, I was able to get it to where it is tracking and braking straight just need to move it to center the wheel, hopeful I can keep it on point.

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
Nah, trying to be self sufficient and learning at the same time. I did an alignment prior to driving from Cali to Texas with no "issues" with the amount of time I had to do it. As of now it's just the Spec so the other 3 will get a shop until I become more proficient.

Reactions: Spanky

·
Registered
88 Posts
Alright, I get that. I'd want to quantify the result. Get it 'perfect' then see what it looks like on a laser rack. If you're not off, then fuck it.

I took some measurements of the Civic before I did my rack swap. Went in for an alignment and told them why. The manager came out and made me repeat myself, "you said you put a rack in this car....?" Offered me a job on the spot. Guess I must've been close lol.

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
Exactly, plus I want to run it the way I want and not worry about shop concerns and liability if something is out of spec but yes I will be checking it in a rack late

Weirdly enough when I drive off to work yesterday, initially the wheel was straight then getting to work it wasn't any more... get home and it was straight again indicating I need to look at the hardware. As it sits now its not a safety issue and after I swap the bushings on the Audi I'm going to do an inspection and nominalize a needed.

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
That’s probably control arm bushings.
Shouldn't be but all will get looked at.
Im just good enough at aligning my own vehicle to get it to the shop. Im assuming you guys are doing the string level/measuring distance to wheel method?
I have a kit. I sometimes add the string method for redundancy if i need to.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
That rear alignment gets my car. LR toe is in like 0.30 so it always pulls alittle left. I can also never get the wheel straight and I swear its bc of that

29561 - 29580 of 29593 Posts