A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

What did you do to your Sentra today?

2M views 30K replies 809 participants last post by  SoundEfx 
#1 ·
There used to be one of these threads on QG18 that lasted super long, and I think one would be great here, for those who want to update us on their projects without starting a brand new thread every time they do something to their B15. Basically, just post what you did (if anything) to your Sentra/SER/Spec V today, it can be as minor as a wash or oil change to something as big as a motor swap! Pics are great too!

I guess I'll start:

Today I blacked out my front calipers and back drums, lubed up the pads to prevent squealing, cleaned out my trunk and gutted most of what was in there except for the spare, made a "Home Depot Lip" out of garage door bottom, Rain X'd my front windshield, and painted over some rust on my rear fenders. I also blacked out my front grille, and changed my headlight bulbs (GE nighthawks were a big dissapointment; they lasted a little over a year!) Still waiting on my rims from the powder coat shop.

What about you guys?!

#29,121 ·
Also considering a CM clutch over comp clutch.. I might just have to roll with what I have tho (stage 4 pressure plate stage 3 disc CC)

#29,122 ·
Ultra excited cuz I finally found an ecu so I can get thru emissions. Drive this ho legally across this commonwealth.

Reactions: Tritton
#29,123 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

Pretty ain't it, bolted in yesterday and have the CM FX400 in 6 puck ready to go picked yesterday as well.....but....

...when you have been running a twin disc and realize that you don't have pressure plate bolts for normal clutch kit....

#29,126 ·
Oh no bolt failure

#29,127 ·
So I'm sending in the spare 02 ecu for a reflash for Sylvie. Shes got the qr20 still, and will probably get a new head gasket soon some springs and retainers and S1 cams.

Also have lightweight pulleys, cold air intake, Knock off Nismo header, 9.9lb flywheel w/ stage three clutch, I will be installing the jwt bsr I have lying around, and can put on an ATI damper if needed.

Looking for opinions on the reeflash for the revlimiter option jwt / nisformance offers.

Should I play it safe and do 7200, aim for a 7500 with room to tune, or just go bor broke @ 8k.

Thoughts? Opinions?

This is mostly daily driving, and will tune on SAFCII with 91 octane.

#29,131 ·
which is why I recommend the 7500, the extra 300 rpm will make a difference when you need stay in the throttle longer than normal for certain instances. 800 extra will be useful but not at the loss of power that high above the recommended rpm of the cams.

Reactions: Tritton
#29,132 ·
Agreed. All motor stage 3 will be an on/off switch. Why dont you run 93 octane? And you will not make power past 7200. Its just a much better fit especially with the S1's in combination imo. Trust the tried, tested, and true.

#29,136 ·
Finally got my race TDMI coilovers installed. I will wait to put more miles on before final review (especially at the track).

Initial impressions:
Good:
I love the 10k swift springs. Ride smooth yet firm when pushed. Actually not much different than Nismo until you hit a bigger bump, you will feel the increase in firmness and rigidity. I'm sure at the limit, there will be increase in handling due to Nismo being progressive vs Swift linear.

Bad:
Brake brackets didn't fit lines
Rear shocks are bigger in diameter than stock or Nismo. Had to modify my Nismo/2j rsbbracket.

Before with Nismo S-tune/KYB black replacements (notice front wheel gap):
Wheel Car Tire Sky Vehicle

After (perfect wheel gap for my preferences):

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Tread

#29,138 ·
Dam sucks u had to mod the rsb. But looks great!