A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you live in an area that gets cold I wouldn't reccomend it. What it basically does is that there is coolant that passes by your throttle body to warm it up on days that are cold so the throttle plate doesn't stick. Well if you take it off when it's cold the throttle plate will stay stuck closed and the car will not want to start unless you crank it like crazy. I've had to sit there cranking it for ten second pushing the throttle to get it to sputter to life. although I will admit that it made my car completely consistent on the track when I had it done I'm too lazy to change it every summer and winter though. But it's a decent mod to keep your times on the quarter consistent.

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
yea in the winter the car will take longer to idle smoothly since the tb wont warm up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you live in an area that gets cold I wouldn't reccomend it. What it basically does is that there is coolant that passes by your throttle body to warm it up on days that are cold so the throttle plate doesn't stick. Well if you take it off when it's cold the throttle plate will stay stuck closed and the car will not want to start unless you crank it like crazy. I've had to sit there cranking it for ten second pushing the throttle to get it to sputter to life. although I will admit that it made my car completely consistent on the track when I had it done I'm too lazy to change it every summer and winter though. But it's a decent mod to keep your times on the quarter consistent.
Dude a cold day in New Mexico is probably hotter than the hottest days in Jersey haha. Yeah i think im gonna pass on this mod cause i still drive the car on the rode and it gets cold up here haha. Thanks

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts