A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a bit of a dumb question, want to install a Nismo intake I bought but don't have the right socket/tool to remove the MAF sensor and put it on the new intake. I have no idea what kind of socket is needed, E Torx? Anybody know? Thanks

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I couldnt find a socket as well.. but why do you need to remove the MAF sensor? a Nismo CAI, dont you just connect the whole housing?

Anyway it's a 5 point with a hole in the middle.

Or you can dremel a slit and use a flathead lol.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
yeah idk what kind of tool it takes but I can share from experience that a lot of e-torx's will accept the right size flat head no prob

Reactions: frozenbarb

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to take out the MAF sensor and put it into the intake, i can disconnect it by pressing down the top and bottom 'clips' but then actually removing the sensor there are those two 5 point bolts that you mentioned that hold the MAF in. It is a five point but there is no hole in the middle there is like a piece in the middle, kind of hard to describe but it looks as if whatever socket is needed to remove it, will have a hole in the middle. Noone knows what it is?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
you need a torx set for that, i bought a mini set at auto zone for around 15 or so, and its T-27 the tool you need to unscrew the sensor, ive done it before

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perfect thanks guys, what bullshit putting 'tamper proof' bolts on a sensor as if someone is going to lift up my hood and steal my sensor -_-

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Also, you can probably loosen then with needle nose plyers, and swap them for some Philips bolts.

But I went to autozone and bought a little set at the front counter and returned it when I was done. Lol

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I just used needle nose to get it off... and zip ties to "bolt" it in... 2J moto CAI proto backwards maf ftw!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Perfect thanks guys, what bullshit putting 'tamper proof' bolts on a sensor as if someone is going to lift up my hood and steal my sensor -_-
Correct, tamper proof torx bits. I replaced mine with allens so you can't just swipe it out of the housing.

And not to say im a total their or anything, but yes I have swiped a maf before because I was in a pinch and my car needed a new maf. Its totally doable.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Correct, tamper proof torx bits. I replaced mine with allens so you can't just swipe it out of the housing.

And not to say im a total their or anything, but yes I have swiped a maf before because I was in a pinch and my car needed a new maf. Its totally doable.
wow..... maybe I can swipe some o2's from a stealership? Time to break out the ninja pants :wall:

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Oh I mean it was definitely a stupid thing to do and im not bragging by any means. Im actually lucky I didn't get busted for it.

Im just saying that if you really needed to get the sensor out you can do it with other tools quickly lol.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Take some needle nose pliers with groves cut in to the tips, place them side ways, Grab tight as shit and rotate counter clock wise. you will fuck up the screw BUT u will get them out.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh I mean it was definitely a stupid thing to do and im not bragging by any means. Im actually lucky I didn't get busted for it.

Im just saying that if you really needed to get the sensor out you can do it with other tools quickly lol.

Wow your a douche lol but with that said techianlly speaking you would be able to swipe anything under hood with the right speical tools lol and ow did you even get the hood open?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd be sooo pissed if I came out to start my car and found the MAF gone....

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.