A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Sentra SER Spec V and Im in the market to buy lowering springs that will give me a minimum drop of 2 inches. I'am having difficulty choosing between tanabe df210's and megan racing drop springs. I want to know which is the better buy for my money and if there are any other lowering spring brands that provide a 2.5 inch drop?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Save for coilovers instead imo

Reactions: Chik0_malone

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to do coilovers in the future I plan on getting a set of ksports. But for right now I want to get something that just lowers me 2 inches and is less than $300 because thats about all I have for my budget right now and its gonna be that way for a while. Mostly because I just had to pay $5000 to get a new motor put in my car due to precat failure.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Lowering springs just aren't a great idea. If you save your $300 you will have money for coilovers Much Sooner. Just save your money. We already have hardly any suspension travel. You don't want to give up 2"+ of travel. You'll bottom out all the time and that sucks, plus you will destroy your struts bottoming them out.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Wish you had joined before the precat got you. That's the first thing we tell knew members about. That and the butterfly screws. If you haven't already.... LOCTITE THE BUTTERFLY SCREWS asap before you lose another motor. Search up top if you don't know what I'm talking about.

PS: if by chance your new motor still has an OEM exhaust manifold, please for the love of god spend your your money on a header instead of springs.

Sorry if I came off in a bad way. I don't intend to be a jerk. I just think the springs are a waste of money. No offense to people that don't have coilovers. I understand buying them. We have pretty cheap coil over options though. I'd save the money for that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We all hate wheel gap. So just go on the classifieds and find some cheap used ones for the time being. Who cares if you're going to blow your struts, since you'll be going coilovers in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts