A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 spec V I want to put the instrument cluster out of a 2000 altima, but I can't find anywhere saying if it will fit or not

·
Premium Member
20,874 Posts
No don't do that, don't think you can anyway at least not without swapping all kinds of stuff. You want 2004-2006 and 2006 is best. If you get serious about building the car you will want Uprev and you have to have 2004 minimum for Uprev

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No don't do that, don't think you can anyway at least not without swapping all kinds of stuff. You want 2004-2006 and 2006 is best. If you get serious about building the car you will want Uprev and you have to have 2004 minimum for Uprev
Yea i was at the junkyard getting a gear for my sunroof motor and kinda answered my own question. when I took a gauge cluster out and seen the connection and everything was different. I just don't like my stock black gauges. Lol.

·
Premium Member
20,874 Posts
There used to be some aftermarket stuff. That stuff might still exist.

I agree the gauges are a bit bland.

Did you find a motor for your sunroof???

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There used to be some aftermarket stuff. That stuff might still exist.

I agree the gauges are a bit bland.

Did you find a motor for your sunroof???
Yea i only needed the drive gears bc mine kind of fell apart. Lol. If I could just change over face of it (the part with numbers) I'd do that. Lol. I just don't know if I could.

·
Premium Member
20,874 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,874 Posts
You don't have to do all that stuff that guy did. But you could probably manage the gauge face change. Doubt it's terribly hard.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You don't have to do all that stuff that guy did. But you could probably manage the gauge face change. Doubt it's terribly hard.
The gauge face I seen today had tiny screws in it, mine doesn't have any. That's the only reason I didn't grab it, that and the connections in the back were wrong.

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
You can't swap from an 02/03 to an 04-06 straight up. The wires are actually in different locations. Also the new cluster runs CAN Bus network system. Just more hassle imo.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can't swap from an 02/03 to an 04-06 straight up. The wires are actually in different locations. Also the new cluster runs CAN Bus network system. Just more hassle imo.
I was just curious which parts off of other models can fit the 04 spec V, i looked at maxima, altima and sentras while I was at the junkyard. Which made ask the ask the question (I actually posted it while I was there) lol.

·
Premium Member
20,874 Posts
Almera gauge cluster might fit but it would be in kilometres

·
Premium Member
20,874 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thoughts on a 'budget build" exhaust/intake? She needs to breathe more, and sound deep(ish). Lol. I just don't want her sounding like a bumblebee with a loudspeaker strapped to its wings.

·
Premium Member
20,874 Posts
You won't notice anything more than improved sound from and intake. But, the best options are Nismo or 2j

Exhaust depends on a lot. You need to have an aftermarket header ASAP, so I hesitate to tell you to wait for the 2j Medusa Header to start shipping, but it's maybe your only option to get rid of all the top end rasp your gonna have when you swap all of the exhaust.

2j v2 side exit is nice looking sounding and even in full 3" header back is quieter than my exhaust. And sounds ridiculously awesome with the Medusa Header. I drove the only car currently with the header a couple weeks ago. Sounds spectacular. That car does have a built motor though. So not exactly apples to apples.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
@Indianaspec Me thinks that the answers to most of your questions exist somewhere in this forum. Try the search function. Search and search again before asking questions that have been asked before.

Reactions: DaveSpecB15

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@Indianaspec Me thinks that the answers to most of your questions exist somewhere in this forum. Try the search function. Search and search again before asking questions that have been asked before.
Oh I do search, thats how I came to do my bsr, I read probably 5 or 6 forum threads page for page before I attempted it. I just couldn't find a post containing which models have parts that interchangeable with other ones.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts