A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys as we all drive our B15's. Day by day I was wonder what you'll use and deside which is best for next change? I don't know if there's another post about this but sorry guys. :nervous:
I use Mobile 1 with wix filter.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I have used both valvoline, and castrol full synthetics with a k&n filter.

·
Registered
550 Posts
castrol syntec or castrol edge 10w40 and k&n filter, sometimes mobile 1 filter if they dont have a k&n one in stock

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
IMHO the K&N oil filter is the better choice. The Nissan OEM filter is also very good because of its high flow characteristics. I would use Fram, AC, Autolite, Wix and other auto store filters in an emergency only.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
5W-30 Castrol Full Synthetic and either Fram or K&N filters. Depends on which one they have in stock.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Most synthetic oils are overpriced and overrated. Look into oils made by Shell (Rotella T and Rotella T6) and Mobil Delvac for diesel engines. They have as much if not more Zn than the top-rated synthetics at about half the price.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Post up your oil weights. I'm surprised at how many people run 10+w oils, especially on a daily driven car :thinking:
If I were living in Canada or North Dakota I would consider using 0+ oils in the winter. For my DD I use 5W30. On race day I switch to 10W40, 15W40, or even 5W50, depending on how hot it will be at the track.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any one runs Royal purple? I have been wanting to try it just price out rages per bottle.:yuck:

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
If I were living in Canada or North Dakota I would consider using 0+ oils in the winter. For my DD I use 5W30. On race day I switch to 10W40, 15W40, or even 5W50, depending on how hot it will be at the track.
I don't think anyone lives in a climate where ambient temps would make a 0w too thin at startup. Someone who can datalog oil temp and pressure should do some testing, though.
I'm running a 10w right now (mistake) and IMO it is too thick for California weather.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I don't think anyone lives in a climate where ambient temps would make a 0w too thin at startup. Someone who can datalog oil temp and pressure should do some testing, though.
I'm running a 10w right now (mistake) and IMO it is too thick for California weather.
The issue IMO is not whether it is too thick at start-up, but is it thick enough to protect an engine revving at 7,200 rpm.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mobil1 high mileage and a Wix filter (or OEM Nissan if I remember to pick one up when I'm around a dealership). I'm running 5w30 right now but might switch to 0w30 in the winter. What's the difference between straight 30 weight and 0w30?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Most synthetic oils are overpriced and overrated. Look into oils made by Shell (Rotella T and Rotella T6) and Mobil Delvac for diesel engines. They have as much if not more Zn than the top-rated synthetics at about half the price.
QFT. I used this when i was boosted and i swear the car ran better in every way. Smoother on startup, while idling and driving. I recommend this to every boosted spec.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Synthetic Mobil 1 and Mobil oil filter don't worry about getting a k and n oil filter Mobil is better and a little cheaper

1 - 20 of 91 Posts