A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I agree that both Fram filters are garbage and opinions are just that.

·
Registered
815 Posts
0W20 FTW! :biggrin: ..and usually Bosch filter, if not on sale then PureOne

My dog guards the car while it's pouring expensive stuff

·
Registered
251 Posts
why does everyone keep saying they didn't feel anything when they switched oils? lol not like your gaining horsepower

It's called wear protection.

I never said anything about HP numbers, :thinking: LOL
I was refrencing the "feel" of the ride (how smooth the engine idled and shifted when going from one to another).

·
Registered
153 Posts
pennzoil 10w-30 with nissan filter. i will sometime use mobil one if its in stock. I just don't see no point in spending like 8 or 9 for the mobil one when i get the nissan one for $4.55 each when i buy 5 at once or 6.39 for one at a time.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
i use Mobile 1 Full Synthetic and mobile 1 filter...
long trip use Pennzoil Full Synthetic both 5w-30

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
why does everyone keep saying they didn't feel anything when they switched oils? lol not like your gaining horsepower

It's called wear protection.
Technically, you will gain horsepower with a synthetic over conventional oil (and also with thinner oil as well).

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
yes but your not going to feel a difference. its like 2whp lol and most the arguments are from one synthetic to another

·
Registered
345 Posts
i run Royal Purple either 5w-30 or 10-30 (depending on the season)... and whatever the usual K&N oil filter is... yeah its an expensive oil change, but my car runs like a champ. you can feel it to

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Just changed my oil this weekend. Valvoline 5w30 and a Bosch Filter. Took me a little over yr and a half to put the 3,000 miles on her (hardly use her :/ )

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
im the same way man. took me 11 months to put 3500 miles on my car.
yeah people ask me why i have her, and i tell them easy, i luv her :biggrin:.
I don't have your problem though with the burning oil. Good luck.
You can send a sample of your used oil for an oil analysis; thats what i did this weekend, though nissan told me my engine/transmission are in excellent condition. (have a slow QG :( )

·
Registered
547 Posts
I used mobil 1 full synthetic on my maxima for as long as I had her, but now I've started to use castrol 5w30. I personally use fram filters and dont have a problem with them, and my maxima made it to 180k miles no problem with them as well.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts