A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wix filter and Brad Penn 5w-30. Works wonders and under $4.50 a qt.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nissan OEM filter with Castrol Edge Titanium 5W30 (cheaper than RP)

"....and no, this isn't for HP reason, it's for the best possible lubrication for my engine"

·
Registered
1,942 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
wonder what folks use now. I am 188,000 miles 2005 spec v turbo-ed. I am the original owner. The engine is completely stock and never rebuilt or built.

I have always used Mobile 1 5-30 EP and a fram synthetic or high mileage...sometimes the tough gaurd. A lot of hate for Fram but they have worked well for me...
Also in another thread people were talking about the trans fluid. I use the royal purple synchromax....never had a trans problem ever.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I'm currently using:

-Amsoil Signature Series 5w30
-Amsoil EA Oil Filter

IMO always try to stick to the true synthetics Redline, Motul, and Amsoil. ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Running Rotella for Oil and Purolator PureONE filter.

Reason? Did the research and Purolator PureONE is available locally and I can usually squeeze a lot of miles from it. Plus the k&n filter (at least with my car) never seemed to filter the oil "properly(?)" as the oil would come out pure black, the PureONE seems to keep it in a brown/golden tone.

The other reason is my family has an RDX (turboed and ecu'd) and Mobil 1 (recommended) filter is expensive and PureONE was getting really positive reviews from people so I figured why not just run them in both cars.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Nissan OEM filter with Mobil 1 0-40w European spec oil

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have always used 5W-30 Royal Purple with either a Royal Purple or K&N Gold filter. Lately I have been using 5W-30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum with the same filters

81 - 91 of 91 Posts