A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2006 Nissan Sentra Sr r spec v and I'm needing some suspension but I don't wanna change the tires or have to do all that I just looking at what yal think be a good coil over kit for hanging curves and stuff fast

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Any and all coilovers for this platform is plug and play with no need to change anything outside of possibly needing camber bolts depending on how low you go...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Driver mod is the best mod for "going fast".

But for coilovers, you get what you pay for. BC are the best on the market by a long shot, they are pricey though. I have customers with 100K+ miles on BC's with no issues.

Do it right the first time. Because if you cheap out and buy $700 coils instead of the $1100 ones, you'll be replacing those $700 coils and your tires within a few years and spending more money over-all.

Also, don't expect to slap in some coilovers and be "Faster". Tires determine ~70% of your total cornering capabilities. I tell my customers all the time; get top of the line tires, and you'll get around most tracks faster than someone with $10k worth of suspension equipment and cheap tires. In fact, installing coilovers, and not properly setting them up with corner balancing and such can make the car handle WORSE than on stock suspension.

An example of this would be; I was doing a auto-x event 4ish years ago in my Focus ST. It was bone stock. There was someone else there with the same car, but with coilovers, sway bars, bracing, the works. I did the lap 8-9 seconds faster than him 3 times in a row. I offered to take his car for a ride and see what was up, I was thinking maybe it was just a driver mod thing. I took his car for a lap and was only a second faster than his fastest time of the day. I asked him what the car was corner balanced to for weights, and he had no idea what I was talking about. I had him take mine for a lap and he was blown away at how much more confident the car felt. It all came down to him having a bad set-up.

Heres an excellent video mighty car mods did a few years ago to drive home the point I am trying to make:

MAAAAD Video

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I know I bought this car and if he didn't already start adding stuff I wouldn't do it but I know it needs some and I'm wanting to get some good one but not lowering the car

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Here ya go.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
A rundown of spring rates and lowering options for spring/strut combinations and coilovers.

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Coilovers are an automatic lower

·
Premium Member
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition
125 Posts

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Im sorry but I hate spring strut combos of all kinds