A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Nissan sentra sr. I changed all four wheel bearings with Detroit axle bearings. Now my rear wheels are traveling slower than the front. Does anyone have an explanation for this? It's not letting the car get over 15mph. Then the computer slows the car down. I checked all the tires and they are all the same size. Please help.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,871 Posts
I'm gonna throw out basically a blind bit of guessing...

Sounds like you are saying stability control is kicking in.

I am not at all familiar with B16 cars but...
I would speculate there is something up with the signal wheel that the speed sensor reads. Like it is not there or wrong part.

Definitely sounds related to wheel speed sensing and probably not actually wheel speed.

I hope that is helpful.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
The bearing(s) are in backwards. Bearings sometimes have the tone rings build into the bearing. Usually the dark side or the one with print is the abs side. Cant flip it, you will have to destroy the old one to remove it.

If you have access to a scan tool that can read abs wheel speeds, you can tell which one is the bad one if not both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The scan tool is registering the wheel speed on all four wheels. The front wheel speed is different from the back by about four to five mph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After many days of research. I finally figured out the bearings that was sent from Detroit bearings was wrong. Order two new bearings from moog and everything works just fine. Thanks for everyone's comments to correct the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts