A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has both brand new o2's new intate rub intake duct, and has no vaccum leaks. As engine temperature get warm and ac on, engine feels like its misfiring sometimes I confirmed it but it is not always, what should do next.

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
Spark plugs is the first thing that comes to mind, I would look to see if your ac is drawing to much power or needs service as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What do you say if it has a Manual Transmission. Does the same thing but I have replaced the plugs, and wires. I wonder if it would have anything to do with A/F ratio on mine? I have a vapor leak on my fuel tank and can only fill it to 1/2 otherwise I get HIGH as a kite lol. Joking aside this sucks tremendously. It's leaking from the filler neck bottom to top of tank. Thought it was filler neck so I replaced it and it turns out it wasn't that. It's this stupid little metal gasket that's like... totally built in to the top of the opening on the tank. I was told I have to replace the whole tank, is this correct or am I just being bamboozled? @CrickiKaze

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
I would have to look at these parts finch on the tank but that could cause the issue as well with anything vapor canister related but you should also be throwing a code... maybe a soft code... but I am not 100%.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would have to look at these parts finch on the tank but that could cause the issue as well with anything vapor canister related but you should also be throwing a code... maybe a soft code... but I am not 100%.
It says that cylinder one is misfiring, then sometimes says cylinder four, sometimes says fuel cap is loose. Can't be that I bought a new cap. New plugs and new coilpacks, changed the MAF sensor to a Jett Performance one. I thought of installing an A/F gauge, Oil Temp, and Water Temp. As I just want to build a NA engine build.

Katie

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
Reread and it does sound like a vapor issue, I know on the b15 there are 2 sensors that deal with the vapor canister and if you ate getting strong fumes then that leak is going to give you issues.

Didn't get on my lap top last night so was unproductive......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Reread and it does sound like a vapor issue, I know on the b15 there are 2 sensors that deal with the vapor canister and if you ate getting strong fumes then that leak is going to give you issues.

Didn't get on my lap top last night so was unproductive......
So the top of the tank leaks fuel if filled beyond 3/4. Then that vapor smell is so extreme that when I parked it in my garage overnight I could smell it. Keep in mind I live in a three level house. I could smell it on the 3rd level.

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
If the canister was connected it wouldn't have the smell leaking out, that line is causing all her issues

·
Registered
23 Posts
What line and what cannister guys? Is the canister near the fuel filter or pump? Why would it leak from the top of the tank? I used to top him off now i don't do that to any of my cars.

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
I have never had a problem with my canister, nor even the old elbow clean up issue that was sporadic between owners.

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
I will link something later today, not doing it on my phone... and look away the parts finch as well.

I may have the b16 FSM on my phone.... I'll look at that here shortly.

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
You may have, I wouldn't know official unless I saw it myself. Just pull out the back seat to gain access to the cover.... it's really simple.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts