A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is showing two codes. P0102/p0113. I have 02 sentra. It was on limp mode. I figured it was a bad maf so i did the 04-06 conversion. Still have those codes, BUT now they both point to a bad IAT sensor. Will erasing the codes fix it as i have heard from other people. These codes pointed to a bad maf at first, now these same ones point to the IAT. How can i check if its bad? Any wires with a certain voltage to look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

Our emissions expert has put together the following information about the P0113 fault code. We have also included diagnostic procedures you can take to your repair shop if the mechanic is having difficulty analyzing the code.

OBD II Fault Code

OBD II P0113
Fault Code Definition
The Intake Air Temperature Sensor converts the air temperature into a voltage that is high when the Intake Air is cold and low as the engine warms up. P0113 indicates a high voltage input from the Intake Air Temperature to the Power Train Control Module.

Symptoms

Check Engine Light will illuminate
In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
In some cases, the engine may be hard starting and/or get poor fuel economy
Common Problems That Trigger the P0113 Code

Defective Intake Air Temperature Sensor
Dirty air filter
Defective Mass Air Flow Sensor
Faulty or corroded Intake Air Temperature wiring or connections
Common Misdiagnoses

Intake Air Temperature Sensor is replaced when the real cause is a dirty air filter
Intake Air Temperature Sensor is replaced when the real cause is a poor connection or chafed wiring

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Basically this means that there is a problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or circuit. A more technical description would be that the MAF circuit had lower than expected voltage (air flow). Other MAF sensor circuit DTC trouble codes are P0100, P0101, P0103, and P0104.

Symptoms

You will likely not notice any serious drivability problems, although there may be symptoms such as a general decrease in power or sluggishness.

Causes

A code P0102 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

The MAF may be disconnected, or a wiring connection may be bad
The MAF may be dirty or otherwise contaminated (Note: if you use a reusable oiled air filter, be careful not to apply too much oil or that can contaminate the MAF).
The MAF sensor may be faulty
The vehicle computer may be faulty (very rare)
Possible Solutions

The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. Then start with the cheapest, easiest repair procedures:

Verify that the Mass Air Flow Sensor wiring is connected properly and that there are no broken / frayed wires.
Inspect for any air leaks near the MAF sensor.
Take the MAF out and clean it using a spray cleaner such as brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner. Be gentle with the sensor.
Check the voltage of the MAF sensor (refer to a repair manual for vehicle specific information)
Replace the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My car is showing two codes. P0102/p0113. I have 02 sentra. It was on limp mode. I figured it was a bad maf so i did the 04-06 conversion. Still have those codes, BUT now they both point to a bad IAT sensor. Will erasing the codes fix it as i have heard from other people. These codes pointed to a bad maf at first, now these same ones point to the IAT. How can i check if its bad? Any wires with a certain voltage to look for?

The IAT is integrated into the MAF.Have you pulled the battery to reset the ECU?The car won't automatically come out of limp mode.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It depends on which codes trigger it.Disconnecting the maf automatically goes into limp mode,however the previous code for the IAT may still be present.What year is this spec again?I know there is a reprogram they can only do at the dealership for the maf with the consult tool,and that might be your only option.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2002. Yeah i have heard of that. I disconnected the battery. Turned on the car and no more check engine. I would not be surprised if it comes back. Im sure theres a boost leak somewhere

·
Registered
1 Posts
Working on someone's 2017 1.8 NON-turbo sentra. Bad performance is the basic complaint. No codes. But, when I look at live data stream, IAT shows 117 degrees when it is 65 degrees outside. What genius put the IAT and MAF together??? Anyway, anyone else see this problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts