1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I have always had good experiances with rock auto parts. There isn't much to a PS pump. The 1 A cardone is what I would choose. I believe the warantee is the same. Never had a 1-A part fail as yet. 68$ vs 270$ its probably a Nissan pump rebuilt anyway.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have a rebuilt A-1 Cardone steering rack and pump and their great no problems. Saved a tons through Rockauto their parts have never done me wrong.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like mine alot. Slows steering response ever so slightly...was wondering if this put more or less pressure on the pump? IMO it frees some stress from the pump...but maybe not IDK. I would still recommend it. There is definitely a noticeable difference in rev with 2j's crank and PS pulley installed.

I got a shop to install my PS pump and pulley because it is a PINA to pull out.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I like mine alot. Slows steering response ever so slightly...was wondering if this put more or less pressure on the pump? IMO it frees some stress from the pump...but maybe not IDK. I would still recommend it. There is definitely a noticeable difference in rev with 2j's crank and PS pulley installed.

Im hoping it puts less stress on the pump, I have the crank pulley installed already, hoping the PS pulley isn't a PIA to get off.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hoping the PS pulley isn't a PIA to get off.
It's sandwiched in there pretty good...if you do it yourself more power to you but I just paid a mechanic I was lazy.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

If the autopart store have a loaner tool it makes it easy. You need the tool to install pully too. I borrowed the tool from autozone. No charge!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If the autopart store have a loaner tool it makes it easy. You need the tool to install pully too. I borrowed the tool from autozone. No charge!
Cool thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
5,070 Posts
I did my PS pulley while the motor was out.....hehehehe

I am surprised there isn't a rebuild kit for the PS pump, none the less, the cheaper the better since you pay more for a name most of the time.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For sure change the pulley when the motors out or when your replacing the pump anyways. I'm pretty sure you cant change the pulley's without loosening the pump to give you a few more centimeters of clearance its that tight.

Heres the DYI thread showing what you have to do to get the pulley off without removing the pump fully.
http://www.b15u.com/threads/30207-PS-pulley-install

1 - 15 of 15 Posts