A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do a full/partial wire tuck and/or remove the evap and emissions crap? Just looking for a tutorial on this please.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Yeah just pull all the lines for the evap as well as the charcoal can and plug the lines. Never overfill your tank again, unscrew the oranges ses bulb, enjoy crappy gas mileage.

Reactions: funguy26

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
The EVAP system with in the gas mileage. and save your ass when you over fill your gas tank.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Overfilling isn't much of a concern. The concern is being able to get a full tank! If you pull it out you'll want to vent as much as you can otherwise the pressure in the tank will never let the gas pump top off the tank

Reactions: yogi b

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Yep I'm bringing this 2.5 year old thread back to life. My vent control valve has failed and rather than buying a new one for $50 I'd rather just remove the whole system (weight reduction). I need a solid answer as to what to do with the hoses. Plug or just leave hanging? I can remove the whole box and everything with no ill effects besides CEL correct? Why would this give me bad gas mileage? Any chance of low fuel pressure? I read in a different thread where someone thought as gas is used it creates a vacuum which could give low fuel pressure or strain the fuel pump. Is there a hose that goes to the intake manifold? What would I do about that one? Any thoughts/concerns/advice is mucho appreciated.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
oh yeah the car will smell of gas the whole time.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Thanks for the help fellas (sarcasm) Lol

I took it out. Charcoal canister, solenoid under the hood. Removed 2 of the 3 hoses that go into the canister. Put a little filter on the one that comes straight out of the gas tank. After looking at it I kind've think I can cap the one coming out of the gas tank because there are two (vent?) hoses that run up to the filler neck. Thoughts on this anyone?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Yeah I've come to the conclusion I'll leave that hose open with the little breather filter on it, ziptied up out of the way. I don't think smell will be an issue in my car because of the pretty extreme gutting. If it is I'll extend the hose to under the rear bumper cover.

Could this be a fire hazard?? It's not liquid gasoline that ignites but the fumes...and there will be gasoline fumes coming out of that hose...

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
yeah

·
Super Moderator
5,491 Posts
Depends on the amount venting, but bike vent fumes all the time when in the sun so it shouldn't be an issue.

If you have downloaded the FSM, you can see a diagram of the fuel and canister lines routing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts