A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Instead of buying a Walbro 255, u have another choice which is the 190 WRX (non sti) fuel pump. you can find them as low as $25. I bought mine for $35 shipped. To do this all u need is the fuel pump, u can reuse all ur stock stuff.

First locate your Fuel pump fuse. It is behind the coin trey, 15amp fuse. Take it out.
Crank the car to make sure it doesnt start.
Open the gas cap and leave it open until u finish the installation to let pressure out.

Take back seat out and you will see this..
use a screw driver turning it clockwise to turn the 3 tabs that are circled

Disconnect the harness clip and push on the sides of the hose clip and pull hose out.

Use a 8mm socket to get those crews out. you can use a screw driver but those screw heads are pretty weak and will bend on you.

Now take out whole container. *note it will make a mess so have a towel near you. notice how much gas is in the contaner. Try to empty as much gas as u can in the hole.

You will see a white wire and a blueish wire, disconnect both wires before u take apart the container. Also disconnect the clip thats connected to the fuel pump

Take fuel pump out by pushing it. You will see a rubber thingy thats on top of the stock fuel pump. take that out and put it on the WRX fuel pump.

Also reuse the other rubber thingy and put it on the wrx fuel pump. It will feel kinda loose but it will pop in place when u insert it back into the container

Now put the WRX fuel pump back in the container

Once inserted u can now put everything back in place.
Connect the fuel pump clip
Connect the white wire
Connect the blueish wire
Put container back together
Drop the container back into the tank and screw everything back in.
When tring to start the car, it will crank for about 5 seconds then it will start right up.

THE END.. Time it took was about 30mins

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
did u change that top "o-ring" gasket or seal?? once u take out the fuel pump your supposed to change that gasket.

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
those 6 10mm bolts pretty much under the seat, theres a gasket between than and the fuel tank.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OHhh ok, yea that one. it gave me a hard time not knowng it was stretched but yea thats replaced

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
soooo...those this solve the hard start up? what else does it do? its probably better then the spec v pump right?
hard start up could be anything from spark plugs/gapping all the way to a failing fuel pump.
It's slightly bigger then the stock pump. it's 190 lph and i beleive the stock bump is 90 lph

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
so the harness is the same?! wheres the floater?! lol..

would you notice anythign if im running stock injectors?

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
u can get it if u want but it wont benifit or show any gains or anything. This is used if ur lightly boosting/spraying, heavy built motor to keep the fuel pressure flowing instead of maxing it out.

If u had the injectors and this FP, u will have to take soo much fuel from the injectors on the SAFC since ur car wont need so much fuel

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
oh i got ya... yo jay, i may need your help then come spring time.. :D im just pieceing it all together as for right now

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
they dont come with the FP, thats a seprate thing. just go to the dealer and explain them the gasket your talking about or even print out that pic and show them.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts