A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy an aftermarket cat-less header so I can minimize the damage done to my motor by the pre-cat in the godforsaken stock header. My car is an '04 Spec V and still runs fine, but 'still' is the important word here. I want to replace this ticking time bomb.

I don't really care about the quality of the header, I'm just looking to get one before the end of this year (2012). If I can't find a used one on here I'll just buy an ebay one to get me through the winter and then replace the whole system with a higher-performance system come spring.

Let me know if anyone can help me out!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check out Mark on here. He sells headers for our cars. I got a sr-s one from him for 210 shipped and it came with a spacer for the second O2 sensor.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm selling my XS 4-1 Header in a few days if you're interested
Is it the 3-piece one or just the shorty that bolts to the stock mid pipe?

Check out Mark on here. He sells headers for our cars. I got a sr-s one from him for 210 shipped and it came with a spacer for the second O2 sensor.
I want to buy one from mark in the spring, I'm just looking for the cheapest solution to get me through winter. Looking to spend less than $100 for the temporary fix.

·
Premium Member
11,452 Posts
The XS full race header does not bolt to the OEM downpipe FYI. You have to use all 3 pieces together.

·
Premium Member
11,452 Posts
100% positive. Look at your header vs. the stock one, it has totally different mounting points.

·
Registered
443 Posts
If it's the 3-piece setup then I think I'll have to pass. If anyone else is looking to move a header let me know.
i was going to post an ebay header in the next couple of days. but it too is a 3 pc. it should bolt right into the stock exhaust, but after all this 3 pc jibber jabber, im not sure.
This is what i have, (not my actual header. image is from the ebay add)
$(KGrHqVHJ!8E+PC8IVVWBQLSZhJHn!~~60_3.JPG

Ill send u pictures of my actual header if ur interested. and Anteeke: :nono: u best be stoppin the advertising of yo shit, its mineeee!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was going to post an ebay header in the next couple of days. but it too is a 3 pc. it should bolt right into the stock exhaust, but after all this 3 pc jibber jabber, im not sure.
This is what i have, (not my actual header. image is from the ebay add)

Ill send u pictures of my actual header if ur interested. and Anteeke: :nono: u best be stoppin the advertising of yo shit, its mineeee!!!
It does bolt right to the stock exhaust, but it eliminates the stock mid-pipe with the second cat which I want to keep. I think I am going to end up buying what i'm looking for from Markspecv.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what about gutting the stock header?
I figure if i'm already taking off the stocker I might as well replace it with something that flows a little more freely (even if its only 1-2 whp). Plus I'm concerned that I wont get all of the crap out of it and it will mess up the other parts of the system. I just want to get rid of the stock header.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I figure if i'm already taking off the stocker I might as well replace it with something that flows a little more freely (even if its only 1-2 whp). Plus I'm concerned that I wont get all of the crap out of it and it will mess up the other parts of the system. I just want to get rid of the stock header.
ah yeah i hear ya,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts