A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want a short ram intake on my car cause I'm cheap and we get a lot of rain and snow. I don't want to pay 180 for an sri! So could I just put a cone filter on stock intake tubing? How would that sound since the intake resonator will still be on or is there a way to delete that? Or could I get an eBay CAI and just use the first pipe as an sri with out throwing a code? Suggestions? (Don't want a CAI so don't tell me to get one please) Don't want to spend more than $70, or if someone has a used arm sri let me know...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did it this way untill I bought a 30* 3 inch intake pipe to get rid of that restrictive ugly rubber thing attached to the throttle body.
You will need this adapter unless you like to play with gorilla tape. XD

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NFgxNTAw/z/l9oAAOxybxlTlxXT/$_57.JPG

Also some sort of straight tubing 6-8 inches(according to 2JR) before the maf sensor to make for straight undisturbed air flow. I was broke before so I just used a 3 inch abs pipe that I cut through along the center to make it the exact same size as the maf when you compress the pipe.
The problem with this is you need a tube that will fit the cone filter on the end and I was not able to find something that would work. So because I just wanted to drive the car already I used some tape skillz to tape the cone filter on to the end of the abs pipe. Its only possible with gorilla tape(tm).
My over-all experience doing it this way was a PITA.

I got myself a vibrant aluminum intake tube and some of those silicon tube clamps all those fitment problems are resolved. I got a 3" one but it could be too big for a SRI, I've made a custom fog light ram air intake with a sealed airbox around the short ram style intake in the engine bay. I'm actually in the process of making the new intake atm. This pretty tube should make it sound much better and add 1-2hp XD Just need one of those 5Hp stickers on it lol

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/vpe-2811/overview/

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have a full AEM CAI for sale right now.. The one pipe has a crack for the lower half but you could just use the top as a SRI or cut the piping before it goes into the fender too.

I have the full thing for sale for $60, no filter just piping and all clamps

- - - Updated - - -

Shoot me that $70 you only want to spend and you can have it all shipped to your door!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No thanks... I don't have the money right now... Was just getting an overall idea... Had money then but bought a head unit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts