A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 6sp Spec V transmission...but its from a 2003 one. The car looked to have been turboe'd (engine was gong...AND fuel pump) with 115K miles on it when it was sold to me. No gears lock. Pics WILL be up today. I just rather prefer the 04-06 for its gearing compared to the '03. Can negotiate and add in cash, reseonable offer. email me at [email protected] . In the Colorado Springs area right now

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
whats the diffrence in gears

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
whats the reverse lockout have to do with it?
thats just in the shifter, not the tranny, i thought

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
i thought they were the same,
who said i only have a 03 tranny?
maybe i got one from my 06 thats wrecked

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
unless you get a SER then it doesnt have the LSD

·
Registered
941 Posts
04+ trannies have the same gear ratios the previous years are different

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
02-03 are one set..shorter gearing over the 04-06. The 04-06 gearing is what I would prefer for the wider gears, that's all, all in preference...for my future build

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
02-03 are one set..shorter gearing over the 04-06. The 04-06 gearing is what I would prefer for the wider gears, that's all, all in preference...for my future build

the only one with different gears is 02, it has a super short first gear.

I own a 02 spec and had my tranny replaced @ 10K miles and they installed a 03 Tranny allong w a new flywheel n clutch (it had gear whine and they claimed there was a bad lot of trannies in the very first specvs mine was one of the very first sold)

03-06 are EXACTLY the same, the ONLY differences are the 04+ have different shifter cables and shifter lever with the reverse lock out.

ask 2J Racing OR Travis and they will confirm. BUT Gearing IS the same for 03-06.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the only one with different gears is 02, it has a super short first gear.

I own a 02 spec and had my tranny replaced @ 10K miles and they installed a 03 Tranny allong w a new flywheel n clutch (it had gear whine and they claimed there was a bad lot of trannies in the very first specvs mine was one of the very first sold)

03-06 are EXACTLY the same, the ONLY differences are the 04+ have different shifter cables and shifter lever with the reverse lock out.

ask 2J Racing OR Travis and they will confirm. BUT Gearing IS the same for 03-06.
This is why I am confused...they talk about a 2003 model Spec V ...when they are describing and showing a 2004 model
2003 Nissan Sentra SE R Spec V - Sport Compact Car Magazine
I'm trying to go thru the FSM's and seeing if I can find it. Travis if you are seeing this, is this so?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes sir, looked at the FSM's, same gear ratios..thanks, you guys can close this please? Now we know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.