A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the forum is still not functional, I will try to post a new thread for this.

Yogi has passed on, I got the text from his wife yesterday.

Memorial service is today, at their house in the woods. I will be going to their house today to pay my respects.

This is a great loss, and the Sentra community has lost one if its true heroes.

Yogi could always be counted on with any tire or rim fitment question anyone may ask.

He was passionate about his racing, and his car.

He bought his car new in 2004 and IIRC one of the first things he did with it was hit the track.

To hear him talk, he did not win much, but he still loved the track.

I have had the pleasure of meeting and having lunch several times, and he went on two tail of the dragon cruises that we set up. The second of which he stayed in the house we rented for 3 days.

He was a very positive man, I have never heard him utter a cross word, never met a stranger he would not talk to, and always had a smile that was hard to see behind his beard.

Please consider helping his family out.

I have set up a GoFundMe to help raise money for his family. All money raised will go to his wife, Aimee.

https://www.gofundme.com/barry-belgard-memorial-fund?fbclid=IwAR0MvlaZzPXPXc7-3WW6mP_d4fK2SNOtVA02cnwU8uwihBmovD3iAn6joVM

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ah man.... RIP
Although I didn't know him personally he posted in some threads and was always helpful and positive to me. I'm sure some of you knew him quite well and I'm sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
From AUS,
Though far away by distance, his knowledge and helpfulness was always close-by.
Like many of you who knew him closer, I too have been enriched by his knowledge and knowing him breifly through the forum and messages.
RIP Barry, your contributions to the Sentra and QR hopefully will be here for many more to read and benefit from.
Your presence will be missed and always in our minds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As a lurker, he was very prominent in my learning of the B15. Could tell he was an amazing guy by his interaction with others throughout the years.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Man this sucks...I haven't been here in a while and every time I checked in after being gone I was always sure I would see a comment from Barry that was always pleasent & uplifting. He was the kindest most helpful soul here on this forum...RIP Barry aka Yogi B you will be missed brother.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Wow this is incredibly sad. It's been a while since I've logged on, but I just saw the news about yogi. He will be missed. I learned so much with his contributions to the forums. RIP

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
RIP Barry

We all loved Barry. And he loved all of us.

Irreplaceable. A true legend. The best of our community.

Reactions: Revhead Kev

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dam he’s is a legend with the spec v always had something awesome to read up on, rest easy up there big guy your gone but won’t be forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
It's been some time since I logged on and I was truly sad and shocked when i saw this thread. I personally didn't know Barry, but like many others we had our interactions and discussions here on the forums and I always enjoyed reading up and learning all the knowledge that he posted. I could tell with out ever seeing him in person that he was a very kind person and a happy man.

May you rest in peace Barry I'm sure many in the community and those inside your personal circle will miss you.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Damn sucks to come back on the forum after being off it for a while and hear this, Barry was A Sentra OG been around as long as I can remember and always willing to help people out on here. What's left of this community last a good one. RIP Yogi

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thought I would check out the forum after being out for a while.

Reading his posts always felt great. I've only interacted with Yogi on here about 3 years ago while putting together my car.. He will be missed.

Reactions: Tritton
1 - 13 of 13 Posts